On Our Walks

Comments

• Tinks
    Tinks Member Posts: 234
    Waiting outside of course, for delayed Radiotherapy give a chance to look at this beautiful old tree in the parklands. 
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,951
    Dear @Tinks,

and how is your radiotherapy going?
  • Tinks
    thanks @jennyss! Radiotherapy is finished thankfully, but the fatigue isn’t! Just taking each day as it comes, walking to limits of tiredness, try to start the long process, for me anyway, for reconditioning my battered body. Do you go out every morning? Tinks xx
  • jennyss
    Dear @Tinks,
    Yes, I do go for a walk every day. I have every reason to try and keep fit! I am lucky, I live at the edge of a rural village, so I can walk  a big block or little block, or walk up the hill to the water tower. What is your walking situation? I am also looking forward to my seniors exercise class starting again. Our 84 yr old leader focuses on balance, flexibility, co-ordination (LOL) and strength (using resistance bands). It is great fun.
    Best wishes from jennyss
  • Tinks
    Hi @jennyss, my best local walk is the linear park herein Adelaide, runs along the river Torrens, it’s like being in the country in places, have to watch out if bikes are behind you though!! Footpaths are bike paths...Tinks xx
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Not my shot ... but if I’d been up at dawn today, I may have seen this!  ;)   (Mind over mattress!)

Local photographer Shane Chalker took this one

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Walking my every day but we are back in lockdown! I’m getting to know the neighbourhood really well! 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    You guys know how I feel about the beach...it's a place that washes your mind clean.  I can't wait to get back to it.
  • jennyss
    Love all the shots; but especially the first one with the gulls and texture of the walk way, and the last one with the amazing colours of the sunset (was it sunset?)
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @jennyss Yes!
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    An almost normal day! Walking along the Yarracoffee at Abbotsford Convent
  • jennyss
    Dear @Afraser,
    Wow. I thought 'Yarra River, that's in the middle of Melbourne'. But I googled and learnt that there are some good walking trails along the windy river. That cliff looks fantastic.
    I also realised that your post is the first in 'On our walks' since July last year. I'm sure we've been walking, just not posting photos. I'll have to hunt up some photos.