Weekend trivia

13»

Comments

• Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Whilst I’m a black tea drinker mostly I too enjoy the occasional  Twinings herbal -spearmint & camomile  and also their lemon&ginger .Madam Flavour teabags seem to allow more flavour because of the fabric and shape of the bags - have had the odd chai tea..Dilmah is not as fresh a taste imo as it was in the 80s before the sons took over and started to experiment .
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Totally agree regarding the tea. Inoften feel shoukd just order hot water and add my own bag.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    I'd like to try growing my own tea, but it gets too hot here and the soil is wrong for camellias. I could try tinkering with it but I'm too lazy to keep that up for years.
    I found the best tea pot at a garage sale a few years ago. It's stainless steel, looks like it started life  in some sort of commercial environment--a ship? Hospital? Anyway it holds about four cups and it stays hot. 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    You need a cosy on the ceramic ones.  I had never thought of growing tea.  Camellias do magically, here.  (I even transplanted a huge camellia a few years ago with no care and it thrived.)  And I didn't know that tea didn't have to be dried.
    Let me know if you see any of the Madame Flavour rose blend @romla.  It seems to be very hard to find now which is why I've gone to Dilmah.  It's a lovely afternoon tea when you're not looking for something strong.
  • Romla
    Will do @Sister but try Yorkshire gold in the afternoon too. It’s available loose leaf and teabags .
  • Romla
    Oh @kmakm I remember the fresher taste when Dilmah first came to Australia but wow  nothing like this and the views - astounding.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    I used to like Dilmah too - but now find it a  tad bland, @Romla !

I think they only dried it for export etc -  cos the natural leaf would go mouldy.    I think there would even be oils in the fresh leaves, to give much more flavour
  • Beryl C.
    Beryl C. Member Posts: 270
    kmakm your photos would make a beautiful calendar, they are also a visual representation of 'mindfulness'. In fact my response to, 'and do your practice mindfulness' is, 'Of course, I drink tea!'
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited June 2019
    Thank you @""Beryl C."

:)
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Stunning photos @kmakm  It would have been an amazing experience. xo
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @kitkatb It truly was. We were accompanied by the maharajah of the state too! He has the longest traceable royal lineage of any royal family in the world. It was amazing.