Anniversary

1789101113»

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Have  A blast @Fraser   It sounds like it’ll be a wonderful trip
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    Well that was weird. I arrive for my anniversary check up. This young guy asks me to strip off the top half and put on a gown. He then leaves, arrives back with a nurse and then has me ungown. Why have me gown up in the first place if you want to grope both sides? I have to go back in another six months, I think because the BC was so fast and aggressive. I am also booked in to see a Gyno (not sure of date) for a nine cm fibroid removal. I am not feeling in a good head space place at the moment. Physically everything is good so maybe I just need to do a jigsaw. After a coffee.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Did the coffee & jigsaw help @Blossom1961?
  • Blossom1961
    Nope. But hubby taking me out for dinner did!
  • kmakm
    @Blossom1961 Excellent!
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    Fabulous @Harvey1903. Love to hear good news xx
  • arpie
    2 years today since I received the actual confirmation of BC diagnosis ..... I'd been pretending it was cysts up til then ...... as I walked into my GPs room, I raised my eyebrows at her & she nodded.  I knew then & there it was BC.

I had a good report from my Rad Onc in early December - and I won't be seeing her again until my next MG & US next Oct .... I see my surgeon at the end of Feb, which should just be routine ...... and then check with my Onc again mid year.  So far, on Arimidex I am going OK - just the odd hot flush & just now, a very sore right foot - on the ball of the foot, making it tricky to walk without a limp!   grrr .  Even the oils don't seem to be helping that!

SO .... I am looking forward to a better 2020 - and personally feel incredibly lucky not to have been a part of the fires when they hit our town in early November, scary tho it was, with the closest one just 500m from us.  My heart goes out to all of those so badly affected by the fires - I reckon most will know someone or someone's friends who have been badly impacted.  We also have members who have been badly impacted.  

Take care, look after yourselves and each other   xxx
  • kmakm
    Onwards and upwards @arpie. K xox
  • arpie
    You too, Kate xx
  • Blossom1961
    April 24, 2018 had the mammo, u/s and biopsy that confirmed BC. Today I had my two year mammo and u/s. I see the Onco in two weeks but have already been given the all clear. Some of the old panic started setting in before the u/s in case I needed another dreaded biopsy, but I doused it. Happy dance 💃🤸🏼‍♀️🎉🥂
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    Oh, that dreaded 'scanxiety'.  It returns every year.  Glad it is over for you and that you were given an indication that all is OK.
    Celebrate well.
  • arpie
    Well done @Blossom1961 - that 'scanxiety' never really leaves us, I think!   :(  

My 2 year 'end of active treatment' was last week ..... finishing rads the day before Good Friday.