Anxious weekend ahead

Kat09
Kat09 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 269
edited March 2019 in Health and wellbeing
Well ladies I haven't posted on here for a while but do check in and see how everyone is travelling fairly regularly. I had my yearly check up today after having last years go smoothly, feeling great (other than the usual back pain and occasional nerve twinges from Rad damage etc), seeing my Oncologist or Breast Surgeon every 3 months expected all to be ok. I am now sitting here after having a biopsy under my Aux arm, they found a couple of anomalies in my scans and given my history Grade 3 Stage 3 triple positive BC , decided a Biopsy was the best option. The radiologist believes it may be just scar tissue but he and my surgeon want to make certain. To say that my anxiety levels have now gone up a few notches is a bit of an understatement, won't have the results til Monday. I have had a pretty anxious week as a friend has gone into palliative care after her BC metasised after 4 years clear. I visited her last week and that shook my reality up a bit, then I started getting sharp pain across my chest area where I had Rads so yesterday had a chest X-ray ( my friends came back in her sternum) thankfully my lungs, ribs etc were all clear. I am now shitting myself at the thought of having to maybe go through this again but know that at the end of the day if I have to, I have to. I know that there are many of you who have faced the dread of yet another Biopsy coming back with bad news and there are many that have had the all clear from it just wish we didn't have to wait.
Patience is definitely a virtue I don't have a lot of , trying not to stress is something I also don't do well at, glass of wine will be definitely had tonight hell maybe even 2!

Tagged:

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Ah bugger it Kat! The ghastly waiting. Drink and distract the weekend away as best you can. I hope hope hope you get the all clear. Crossing all my bits for you. K xox
  • Pinkcloverss
    Pinkcloverss Member Posts: 48
    Can totally relate to the stress and anxiety of waiting for results. I hope it all goes in your favour. 
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @Kat09 I’ll have a glass of wine for you too, lovely. Hey, I’ll even have a block of chocolate. Big hugs.
  • Kat09
    Thanks girls, lapping up the positive vibes and yes @kmakm just poured a glass!
    Cheers x
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Sending you a big hug Kat.  The waiting part is just the worst.  Crossing my fingers and toes for you that the results are just scar tissue.  Agree with kmakm  anything for some distraction this weekend. xo
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    That's a bugger @Kat09 - I am so sorry to hear of your friend too xxx  That is so tough - not only for her & her family but for you too.  xx

I went thru the same anxiety as you over Xmas - a callback for suspicious 'post op' surgery.  It was horrible - I was lucky & mine ended up being scar tissue - I hope yours is the same result. xx

Yep, a vino or two (in my case, a Rum & Coke or 2 ....) and keep as busy as you can over the weekend, doing stuff you really enjoy doing and all the best for your results xxx
  • DebbieMc
    DebbieMc Member Posts: 42
    @Kat09 I'm sorry for what you're going through, did you have a mastectomy or operation with your last lot of cancer? Waiting is a very anxious time and obviously it could go either way, I'll keep my fingers crossed they are right and it's scar tissue. If they said that they must have dealt with it before but that doesn't stop you worrying. Enjoy your drink and relax, in fact enjoy 2 drinks & relax & hopefully on Monday they will say the magic words that it's just scar tissue but they wanted to be sure. Cheers.
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Thinking of you @Kat09. Waiting is the pits. Doesn't help that it's over the weekend
    Enjoy those drinks
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    edited March 2019
    Distraction is the key. Enjoy your weekend and best wishes for results that show your team has been cautious
    Take care

Perhaps a massage may help
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Best wishes, @kat09 Weekend waiting is so difficult but distraction, distraction - definitely easier after a bevvy.
  • Kat09
    @DebbieMc , my initial diagnosis was Dec 2016 I had 6 months of Chemo AC x 4 followed by Taxol x 12, then 5 weeks of Rads , Mastectomy and aux clearance in Sept 2017. I finished Herceptin in March last year. Thanks to all of you for your thoughts xx
  • Kat09
    Well tonight I'm sitting here letting you all know that my biopsy results weren't good. The cancer has returned in 2 of my lymph nodes, my surgeon is hopeful that it has been caught early and is localised to those nodes so I am having CT and Bone scans tomorrow . I meet with my Oncologist on Thursday for the treatment plan. Completely surreal feeling as I am feeling so well. My original cancer was triple positive but did also have a part of it that was Oestrogen positive only, this is the type that has come back. I trust in my Drs and know that I am in the best of hands , I just really never wanted to do this again, Ah well boxing gloves are off again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Oh @Kat09 I'm so very sorry to hear this.  BC sucks!
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    @Kat09 that is shitty news !Hope they have caught it early ,all the best xxx

F**K CANCER :#