kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Oh my! That's insane @arpie!
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    OMG @arpie  Hope you caught a fish after all of that.  LOL.  xo
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    edited March 2019
    It was, @kmakm  - I was sitting there talking to myself, saying 'I am not enjoying this.  I am  not enjoying this'!  LOL

NO @kitkatb - I couldn't even land one fish in 4hrs of fishing - with 2 hrs of it being in rain.   :(  I had about 30 hits (on fly) but the mongrels couldn't find the hooks!!   At least I got the hits! Some didn't even get that!  (I am not very good at Fly Fishing!  LOL)  Every fish caught on fly = 100 on lure = 500 on bait!!

I had much more fun the next day, with my 'toyboy' on his big Bream boat!  Hooning around the lake at 100kph!  He is in Sydney doing a big comp over the next 3 days, then another one on the weekend.  You can watch some of the best in the country over the next 3 days, Live, here:
    http://live.bream.com.au/2017/?fbclid=IwAR1zQFlJ2xlhRBbo9aU3uvQ8YPU0vc1PaL1afJt3mbYbpGdH6fAfp5lHEns

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I went down there yesterday as youngest was taking part in a swimming clinic and part of it was her first open water swim.  She got out to the island and back in increasingly choppy water while I leisurely paddled around by the shore.
  • kmakm
    @Sidter Well done her. And you of course!
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    My favourite spot on the planet - Port Elliot!
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    Years ago I unintentionally used to break rain droughts by organising group picnics or family camping trips. One camping trip in the drought ended in snowfall. However, I have now had twenty years of successful planning trips. Until this last weekend. Forecast was for clear skies and 31o. Ummm, torrential downpour. Looks like my successful plans are over. Back to drought breaking. Anybody want me?
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Come camping over here @Blossom1961 We need more rain!  Mind you, I've stayed in Coober Pedy 3 times in my life - on 2 of them it absolutely bucketed down.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    They'll call you the rainmaker, @Sister  ..... have you dared to go  back??

We had thunderstorms & rain every afternoon from Friday thru to Monday!  My buddies who were camping for our fishing weekend weren't too impressed!!  

• kmakm
    I was in Sydney last weekend, house, dog and guinea pig minding. On a relaxed streel round The Rocks market, I asked a stallholder who had the best coffee. Straight away she pointed me towards Dare Cafe. And then she lifted her cup of coffee to tell me that they supported the breast cancer organisation Think Pink Foundation. She had no idea I'd had breast cancer, but of course it sealed the deal, and what's more, the coffee was very good indeed. So if you're in Playfair Street, this is the place to go!