Hello

Options

Comments

• JulieM
    JulieM Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2015
    Options
    And me too ..( meaning your surgery ) My thoughts are with you ..I get my results tomorrow..there's been some delay .. I'm sad , overwhelmed ? Goodness I have cancer? It's surreal really ... Hoping I don't need more surgery ... Seriously though ...what do you do when you rent and have to pay bills ...that's my worry ..people say say don't worry your health is more important...I get that but I need to work....anyway it's all not relevant in the big picture.....I don't like where I'm at and I can't sleep. I'm off to GP tomorrow for some temazepam x
  • Sadna
    Sadna Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hello Julie,

Good luck with your results for tomorrow, fingers crossed!! It is all so surreal, for sure. I went to the Field of Women event yesterday, it was fantastic, very uplifting. I know what you mean about bills, it's the last thing you need to worry about, but alas we do. I hope you can find a way to ease that burden.
    All the best, Sadna xxx
  • JulieM
    JulieM Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi has anyone had chemo for the Triple negative breast cancer?

Thanks Julie
  • Rita1963
    Rita1963 Member Posts: 48
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sadna,

just to let you know thinking of you,  Hope you are recovering well.  As I had my surgery 16th can only help you're feeling a touch better than me.  I am okay bit sore but each day a little bit better.

Wishing you well,

Rita

• sueblue
    sueblue Member Posts: 26
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sue, I had my first chemo 11 days ago, (June 10). TAC - docetaxel, doxorubicin & cyclophosphamide, followed by neulasta injection the next day.
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi sue I'm glad you have found us, I hope we can be of some support to you ,we have lots of new friends at the moment, some of us are12 months ,5 years a few months, but we've all been on the damn journey,you get there but it's a bit of a bummer sometimes. I hope you can join us when we have one of our lunches I will keep you posted. Hallo also to everyone who is going through treatment we are thinking of you all. Adean xxx

• Sadna
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Rita,

I'm glad to hear your 1st chemo went well. I'm also on the AC 3 weekly starting 30th June. How did you feel Rita and how long for? Its the unknown, I know I will be better once I've had one.

Best wishes,
    Sadna
  • Sadna
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Rita,

I'm glad to hear your 1st chemo went well. I'm also on the AC 3 weekly starting 30th June. How did you feel Rita and how long for? Its the unknown, I know I will be better once I've had one.

Best wishes,
    Sadna
  • mgndam1603
    mgndam1603 Member Posts: 753
    edited March 2015
    Options

its looks like there are a few new ladies starting their treatments, sending you all great big cyber hugs and wishing you well.

Donna

• mgndam1603
    mgndam1603 Member Posts: 753
    edited March 2015
    Options

its looks like there are a few new ladies starting their treatments, sending you all great big cyber higs and wishing you well.

Donna

• sueblue
    sueblue Member Posts: 26
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome. I don't think I could make lunch; I don't think I live near anyone. I live at Pamula, on the NSW far south coast.
  • Rita1963
    edited March 2015
    Options

To be honest it truely wasn't as horrific as I had imagined.  Yeah the nausea was there but controlled by medication.  I have felt hot throughout the past twoweeks but no fever.  Was able to eat, be it all bland food (toast, salada biscuits,plain pasta) but I woke upon day 7 with no nausea and a ravinous appetite and devoured 1/2 a pizza LOL.  All I hope is that nausea remains controlled throughout.  Hoping you experience mild side effects as I did.  My neice made me a beautiful ginger syrup that helped settle nausea, let me know if you want recipe.  I drank it as a hot tea but it can be mixed with water/soda.  Good luck for the 30th.  

Rita xx

• Rita1963
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well 2nd chemo appears pretty much the same, even a bit less as I know when to take anti emetics to kick in and give me full cover.Yeah! i have the ginger sryup recipe below.  I mix 2 tbsp with a tall glass of hotwater thou I don't get full glass it tends tohelp as I seem to be hypersensitive to smells,the poor dog was scrubbed to an inch of its life as I could smell it two rooms away.

Ginger Syrup.

1 1/2 cups peeled and thinly sliced ginger root                                                      1 1/2 cups white sugar                                                                                                1/4 cup brown sugar - you can make it all white sugar if you like                       2 cups water                                                                                                                 1 Lime

Peel and slice ginger root.  In saucepan over med-high heat stir sugars and water together.  Quarter the lime and toss into pan.  Heat to boiling stirring occassionally.  Once boiling,turn down to med-low heat and stir in the ginger root pieces.  let simmer for 30 mins.  Let cool, then pour through fine mess strainer or cheese cloth into container.

When my niece gave me the recipe I realised how much sugar was in it but it is yummy.

• Sadna
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hello Rita,

Thanks so much for the recipe :)

That's great to hear your 2nd AC went well, I have my 1st on Monday, 3 weekly. I think you maybe 2 weekly.. very encouraging to hear.

Have a fabulous weekend ladies.

Sadna x
  • Sadna
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hello Rita,

Thanks so much for the recipe :)

That's great to hear your 2nd AC went well, I have my 1st on Monday, 3 weekly. I think you maybe 2 weekly.. very encouraging to hear.

Have a fabulous weekend ladies.

Sadna x