Hello

Options

Comments

• Rita1963
    Rita1963 Member Posts: 48
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks to everyone on this site, I started the day alone and terrified but now know I have others out there with me.  

THANKS 

• Sadna
    Sadna Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You sure do, you have me and Julie that have just began our journey, ust ilike you. We will all get through this together.

Sxx
  • Rita1963
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well got madly on phone this morning got an appt in a clinic I had thought about.  So attended appt, and yes everything I knew confirmed with it a bit worst than I expected. But you know what? I know, I  have appointments for further tests to reveil extent, I have an appointment for Thursday - my day of revelation. " It is what it is." relieved to have started process after the longest weekend of my life.  

Rita 

• Sadna
    edited March 2015
    Options
    That's fantastic Rita, I think getting tests put of the way and moving forward with appointments make you feel you are moving in the right direction of recovery, despite a few low along the way.

All the best for Thursday.

Sxx
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Knowing your plan seems to give you empowerment, all the best to both of you. Adean
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Knowing your plan seems to give you empowerment, all the best to both of you. Adean
  • Rita1963
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well now on the course of biopsies,FNA, CT & scans.  Frightened yes but feel moving in the right direction with review,staging and treatment appointment on Thursday.  What a week.

• Rita1963
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well now on the course of biopsies,FNA, CT & scans.  Frightened yes but feel moving in the right direction with review,staging and treatment appointment on Thursday.  What a week.

• Sadna
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hello Donna,

Thank you for your very warm.welcome. Unfortunately I can't make lunch now, I was trying to fit too much in and getting stressed out, I will be at the Field of Women with my husband and a group of friends that are coming to support us, which is just wonderful.

I'm ok to be honest, I've had support from a couple of groups on Facebook, this site and also a volunteer survivor from cancer care council who was fantastic.

Donna, Field of Women will be an emotional event for you for sure. How terribly sad, we are the lucky ones.

Hopefully meet soon.

Thanks
    Sadna

Next week will soon pass and then I will be due for my op on 13th May.
  • JulieM
    JulieM Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Sadna ,
    I just popped up a post ...I had my op on Thursday at Casey Hospital ....so far so good. All the best with your operation on the 13th I found it to be such a relief to have it over with...step by step I guess ..it's all just so surreal ....

Love Julie xx
  • JulieM
    JulieM Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Haha I just saw that I wrote " freak hair " filled walks....I meant fresh air but perhaps the freak hair might be fun!g
  • Rita1963
    edited March 2015
    Options

I too will not be able to make the lunch, but look forward to catch up with all. Well had my appt on Thursday stage 3, will be having my op on 16May a double mastectomy with  lymph nodes removed.  So much to take in.  But I'm feeling okay, as everyone has said one step at a time, and breathe.

regards,

Rita x

• Sadna
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Rita,

I'm so sorry to hear your news, I know it's what we all hope not to hear. I go through stages of OMG I can't believe this is happening to me to its not happening to me and I'm fine. I'm having a single mastectomy and lymph nodes stage 2/3 with my operation on 13th May. My thoughts are with you, if I can be of support in any way, I am here for you.

Best wishes,
    Sadna x
  • Rita1963
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well I'm here for you as well.  Still taking it all in, but I guess I will have questions along the way.  And yes I still sit there and go OMG, i feel fine actually physically I feel the same as the day prior to diagnosis.  Some times Its, did all this really happen.  then realize yes it did.

All the best for you,

Rita x

• Rita1963
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sadna,

My best wishes to you for your surgery Tuesday.  And hope to catch up with you post surgery.  Stay positive!

Cheers,

Rita x