Redcliffe/caboolture

Options
Liztay82
Liztay82 Member Posts: 213
edited November 2016 in Community news and events
Anyone from this area I would like to chat/meet up with any ladies that will be going to redcliffe hospital off their treatments
Tagged:

Comments

• Jess_BCNA
    Jess_BCNA Member Posts: 475
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Liztay82,

This is Jess from BCNA here - Just jumping in to say hello & welcome! And to let you know about a face to face support group for women north of Brisbane, including the Redcliffe/Caboolture.

There may be some women here you can meet/chat to who are in the nearby area. If you wanted to get in touch with them, these are their details:  http://www.bcna.org.au/membergroup/group/moreton-region-breast-cancer-support-group

~ Jess

• Jess_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Liztay82,

This is Jess from BCNA here - Just jumping in to say hello & welcome! And to let you know about a face to face support group for women north of Brisbane, including the Redcliffe/Caboolture.

There may be some women here you can meet/chat to who are in the nearby area. If you wanted to get in touch with them, these are their details:  http://www.bcna.org.au/membergroup/group/moreton-region-breast-cancer-support-group

~ Jess

• Jess_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Liztay82,

~ Jess

• Liztay82
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks very much
  • Sarah 51
    Sarah 51 Member Posts: 303
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Liz

My name is Sarah and I am an RN at Redcliffe hospital and also a breast cancer survivor of nearly 4 years. I had all my surgery and chemo at Redcliffe with radiation at Royal Brisbane. I belong to a great coffee chat group who meet fornightly at Lawnton Bowls club. We alternate mornings and evenings so our next meeting is Weds 9th April at 10.30. It is very informal just coffee and something to eat if you want. if you would like to come along you would be very welcome. If you live between Redcliffe and Lawnton I could pick you up. I am also a  Dragon Boat paddler with the Redcliffe Pink Snapdragons which is also a great social and supportive outlet. We have breakfast at the Jetty Cafe after training on Saturdays around 9am - we take over the whole place !! You can also come paddling with us when you feel like it. I didn't start paddling until after my treatment but many ladies have come during their treatments too.

Drop me an answer and I will contact you.

All the best with the chemo it's just something you have to get through.

Sarah x

• Liztay82
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks for ure reply I live in caboolture