March Lunch Is On!

Options
Janey235
Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
edited March 2014 in Community news and events

Hello Ladies,

After a bit of toing and froing, it looks like Friday 21st March is the best date. Sorry for those of you who can't make it on that day but there will be April to look forward to.

When: Friday 21st March at 12.30pm

Where: Open to suggestions Ladies

I've been trawling through popular lunch spots in Melbourne and came accross Bar Humbug in Little Bourke Street (west end). Have a look at the link http://www.barhumbug.com.au/. It has good reviews, not too expensive and not too far from public transport.

This is only a suggestion as I don't know of many eateries in the CBD so please let me know if you would like to go to a favourite haunt. I'm happy to be guided here. There will be eight of us I think so please confirm that you'll be coming so I can book accordingly.

Love to you all.

Janey xxx

Comments

• Merlins mum
    Merlins mum Member Posts: 443
    edited March 2015
    Options
    How about lunch in Oman. Just kidding....
    Have a great one and see you for the April event

Regards

Julie
  • Viv_C
    Viv_C Member Posts: 92
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Janey, I will be there and have blocked out the afternoon in my work calendar so should be able to linger. No suggestions, I rarely lunch in the city as I work out in the burbs. Bar Humbug looks fine. Or Oman!
    Viv xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Oman would have been lovely :)

Hope you are well and settling in to your new life over there. Let us know when you are in Melbourne in April and we will definitely do our lunch then.

Love Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Great Viv. See you there.

Love Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    That's a shame but yes we will get to meet you one day.

Love Janey xxx
  • Merlins mum
    edited March 2015
    Options

I am in Au all April at this stage. Surgery 10th. Probably in for 2 nights but will turn up in gown with drains if necessary. Lol. Xx Life here wonderful. Have the next few weekends covered with some adventures. Julie

• Karolinka
    Karolinka Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2015
    Options

Lunch in Oman sounds great! ;) How are you settling down there? Hope the move went smoothly and without any hiccups! All the best, Karolinka. 

• Merlins mum
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thank you Karolinka. We are here but our house in Melbourne still has to be packed up and shifted. That's the first week in April.
    Should know about house here today

Julie
  • Merlins mum
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Plenty of room for visitors!

Julie
  • WendyMac
    WendyMac Member Posts: 36
    edited March 2015
    Options

Great. Will be lovely to meet you ladies.  I'll be there, and my friend Amanda, who also has breast cancer, will be coming too.  :-)

• WendyMac
    WendyMac Member Posts: 36
    edited March 2015
    Options

Great. Will be lovely to meet you ladies.  I'll be there, and my friend Amanda, who also has breast cancer, will be coming too.  :-)

• Karolinka
    Karolinka Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hope it will all go smooth, and looking forward to seeing you in April. Can't wait to hear more about Oman! Good luck with the surgery, take care :)
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi everyone,

Sorry I have to change the venue for our lunch on Friday as Bar Humbug finally got back to me after I left two messages and said they don't do bookings for over 6 people on Fridays. Well they have lost my business!

Because I haven't really got time to investigate other eateries, I've just booked the Vault Cafe again where we had our first lunch in January. So here's the details:-

Where: The Vault Cafe, Batmanshill Hotel
    Cnr. Collins and Spencer Streets (diagonally opposite Southern Cross Station)

http://www.batmanshill.com.au/facilities/restbars.cfm

Just click on the link above for more details.

I'll send a private message to you all as well just in case you don't get to look at this blog.

Looking forward to our March lunch.

Love Janey xxx

• Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi everyone,

Sorry I have to change the venue for our lunch on Friday as Bar Humbug finally got back to me after I left two messages and said they don't do bookings for over 6 people on Fridays. Well they have lost my business!

Because I haven't really got time to investigate other eateries, I've just booked the Vault Cafe again where we had our first lunch in January. So here's the details:-

Where: The Vault Cafe, Batmanshill Hotel
    Cnr. Collins and Spencer Streets (diagonally opposite Southern Cross Station)

http://www.batmanshill.com.au/facilities/restbars.cfm

Just click on the link above for more details.

I'll send a private message to you all as well just in case you don't get to look at this blog.

Looking forward to our March lunch.

Love Janey xxx