Calling all Melbournites

Options

Comments

• Viv_C
    Viv_C Member Posts: 92
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi lovely Melbournites
    I'm really sorry to say I won't be at lunch today after so much looking forward to it. I have been fighting a cough for a few days and am now sneezing too. I have entered the chemo danger zone and my temperature is rising......

I'd been thinking I could arm myself with sanitiser and brave the world but realise it is not just a risk for me but for the others going through chemo. I don't want Julie to have to whip out that mask and run away. Really disappointed, but hopefully next time. Have fun.
    Viv
  • Merlins mum
    Merlins mum Member Posts: 443
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I would happily wear a mask but you need to do what is best for you. Maybe we can have coffee somewhere when u feel ip to it. Get someone to find you some high MGO manuka honey. Mine is 550. It helps throat and a y cough amazingly. Happy healing and we will miss you. Julie. Xx
  • Viv_C
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'll track down that honey. I knew I'd seen someone post about honey for throats but couldn't remember who or what...
    Viv xxxx
  • Viv_C
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'll track down that honey. I knew I'd seen someone post about honey for throats but couldn't remember who or what...
    Viv xxxx
  • Merlins mum
    Merlins mum Member Posts: 443
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I get mine from a health store on Elizabeth St in town just by the Collins St tram stop. It is quite expensive but I use it post chemo and make sure my tongue is coated so it slowly heads down the throat. You only need a half teaspoon as often as you need. It tastes quite strong.

I had a bit of a cough before my first chemo and this helped heaps both with the cough irritation and the sore throat. It is strongly bactericidal.

Cheers. Julie
  • Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sorry you can't make it Viv and having a rotten cold as well. There's always next time. We will miss you.

I started taking Manuka honey when I had my cough (at Julie's suggestion, thanks Julie) and it really helped sooth my throat and ease the coughing.

Take care.

Love Janey xxx
  • Carolynvj
    Carolynvj Member Posts: 78
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am coming just running late hopefully there by about 12.30ish :)
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I had a really lovely time at lunch today. Thank you so much for coming, Bobbie, Julie, Sara and Carolyn. It was so lovely to meet you all and as Bobbie said, put faces to names and voices to words. It's was so good to talk and laugh and even have a little cry and compare notes. Very cleansing.

For Viv, Lisa, Pam and Dianne, we will hopefully meet the next time. Viv I hope you are feeling a bit better and your cold is subsiding.

I am really looking forward to next time and I'll be in touch soon to organise when and where.

Good luck with your various treatments ladies.

Love Janey xxx
  • Carolynvj
    Carolynvj Member Posts: 78
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks girls for a very enjoyable lunch & chat. Was so good to finally meet. Will look forward to next time. Thankyou Janey for organising. Take care everyone & see you all again soon Carolyn x
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks Bobbie, could you just hang onto the fan for me and perhaps if you remember, you could bring it to the next meeting. It really doesn't matter though as I have another one here at home. So don't stress if you forget. No need to send it in the post, probably would get wrecked anyway.

I am glad you enjoyed today and I'm really happy that it went so well. You gals are all awesome!

Good luck tomorrow and for the next few days of your treatment Bobbie. Please don't worry too much about Taxatere and what we were saying today. You might be like Carolyn and breeze through. Positive thoughts!!!

Half way woohoo!!!!!!

Love Janey xxx

• Viv_C
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi all, sounds like it was great, so I am even more annoyed that I missed it. I went out and bought Manuka honey instead. My cold and cough have been up and down all day along with my temperature, and I am sooooo sick of monitoring my health and worrying about it all the damn time. I would have loved some laughs / tears / companionship today. Hopefully next time.

Viv xxx

• Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    There's always next time Viv. I'm sure you'll be able to make it. Still have to talk about Dragonboating :)

Janey xx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm so so pleased about today. I was smiling all the way home.

So next month. If everyone could give me an idea of there treatment days next month or when you can't make lunch I can start planning the next lunch at Pelligrini's. I think that's where we decided wasn't it?

Can't wait really. I didn't want to leave today but continue chatting on with you all.

Oh and don't forget about posting your stories on the 'introducing ourselves' blog on the main group page and eventually I'll stop using this personal blog. Here's the link. http://www.bcna.org.au/network/groups/70587/blog/70595.

Cheers ladies
    Janey xxx
  • LisaC
    LisaC Member Posts: 75
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Carolyn. Back from holiday and it was lovely, however back to the grind. It was so nice having no phone reception and especially no internet for the kids!! I'm finished all my chemo and although lymph node positive is was tiny and after consultation with radiation Onc we decided not to do radiation and keep that up my sleeve if I ever need it. I had my treatment at Epworth in Richmond who were fantastic. So now it's just tamoxifen (shouldn't say "just"). Are you having Herceptin there as well or switching to Shepp for that? Hope you are doing well. Lisa x
  • LisaC
    LisaC Member Posts: 75
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi ladies. Sounds like you all had a great time and I am looking forward to meeting you all next time. Had a great mini getaway but was sad to miss it. I'll be looking out for the next time xx