Calling all Melbournites

Options

Comments

• yetbeung
    yetbeung Member Posts: 167
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I've lived in Melbourne for 7 years & still get the streets confused!!
    :-p
  • Carolynvj
    Carolynvj Member Posts: 78
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi girls,

I am up for anywhere, just love going out for coffee, lunch, dinner, whatever. Bobbie Pellegrinis sounds good too, may try it next week when I am down for treatment..

Cheers Carolyn

• Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I did look in the groups to see what was around in Melbourne but I couldn't find much out my way (north) so I decided to see if there was anyone like me who wanted to get a face to face group going in the city centre which I can travel to. I'll call you next week to get the group started. Not quite up to it yet with a cold.

Cheers
    Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I think it will be really nice to meet up and chat face to face. I'm looking forward to it.
    Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm going to be officially creating the group when I call BCNA on Monday next (13th Jan). I think it should just be called 'The Melbournites'. So if you can all look out for the new group. I am just sussing out whether you all would be available during the week starting Monday 20th to Friday 24th Jan to book at Pelligrini's for our first meeting. Or should we leave it til next month? What do you all think? We can discuss when we can meet for future meetings then.

Love Janey xxx
  • Merlins mum
    Merlins mum Member Posts: 443
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Timing is good for me.
    Julie
  • yetbeung
    edited March 2015
    Options

...I'm having chemo on 21st, sooooo.....I can do 20th, or 24th, the days in between will be a bit erk. Stupid bone pain & hot flushes!!

If you do decide to go ahead with it in that week and I'm unable to go, I will definitely be at the next one. (hopefully!) At least with Pellegrini's you can't actually book a table, you just turn up and hope for the best.    

I finally got around to booking flights, going to visit my nan on 26/01 til 02/02, she has no idea and I can't wait! (I'm such an evil grandchild :-P )

PS - The name works for me too! 

• yetbeung
    edited March 2015
    Options

...I'm having chemo on 21st, sooooo.....I can do 20th, or 24th, the days in between will be a bit erk. Stupid bone pain & hot flushes!!

If you do decide to go ahead with it in that week and I'm unable to go, I will definitely be at the next one. (hopefully!) At least with Pellegrini's you can't actually book a table, you just turn up and hope for the best.    

I finally got around to booking flights, going to visit my nan on 26/01 til 02/02, she has no idea and I can't wait! (I'm such an evil grandchild :-P )

PS - The name works for me too! 

• Carolynvj
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Janey,
    That sounds good to me. It will be hard to get a date that suits everyone but you can only do your best.
    Carolyn
  • Viv_C
    Viv_C Member Posts: 92
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Janey and all
    I've been getting so much information and support from all your blogs and would love to meet in person. I'm in East St Kilda so the city is a nice short tram ride away. That week should be good for me unless I start to suffer chemo week 2 problems and need to avoid trams and people.
    Viv
  • LisaC
    LisaC Member Posts: 75
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Did you start radiation this week? If so, how's it going?
  • Carolynvj
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Lisa, yes started radiation on Monday. All went well this week no side effects as of yet. Where are you holidaying? Hope you are having a great time.
    Take care Carolyn
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Come along Viv. I'd love to find out more about your dragons abreast group too.

Janey xxx
  • LisaC
    LisaC Member Posts: 75
    edited March 2015
    Options
    We are just going water skiing over near eildon with 3 other families and have booked a large house. Should be fun although I won't be doing any skiing. I'm not even sure I can pull myself from the water into the boat!! Can only try lol. Take care and hope you are getting rest whilst you are in Melb. I can't remember - are you at Peter Mac? Lisa xx
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Looks like you have a group well done, it's so worth it ,our group meets once a month sometimes there are just a couple of us , but it's the association we all have that binds us together, we laugh and have cried and we talk about everything. All the best adean xx