Fund Raiser

Options
Janey235
Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
edited November 2013 in Community news and events

Hi my lovely Pink Sisters.

I have been very productive over the past week (quite proud of myself really). More productive than I've been in months and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. I feel like I have a little of my old self back although it has utterly exhausted me. I'm am pooped!

Read on if you're interested cause I do tend to ramble as many people tell me.

My sister and niece dediced to put on a Pink High Tea fund raiser for Breast Cancer Research and it's happening tomorrow (today actually, I didn't realise what time it is.... It was my niece Caitlin's idea actually and it is because her Aunty Janey (moi) has gone through BC this year and she wanted to do something. She did the online application to Cancer Council and the invitations through Facebook. Well that was HER bit :) Today when we were setting it all up, she went and had her hair done. Oh the younger generation hey!

My sister Leigh and I have been busy organising everthing else. In the past two days I've cooked four dozen cup cakes and iced them, cherry ripe hedgehog, raspberry coconut ice, two dozen scones, chocolate almond macaroons, pink lamingtons, shortbread and savoury crab cakes (draws breath). Leigh is doing some cooking but not her thing, she's making some club sandwiches and making pretty displays which do look amazing. We are having silent auctions and raffles and it should be fun if I can summon up the energy after exhausting myself with the cooking. No seriously, it should be a lovely afternoon and I will let you all know how it goes and post some pictures.

Wish us luck for this very worthy cause.

Cheers
Janey xxx

Comments

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Janey,What gorgeous icing on the cupakes!I hope thAt it was a success.You must have been exhausted,as that is a lot of baking for one person!Well done.Robyn.xoxo
  • Carolynvj
    Carolynvj Member Posts: 78
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Had my last chemo yesterday & came home last night. Would dearly have loved to come to your fund raiser. However hope it is successful & you have a wonderful day.
    All the best Carolyn x
  • Carolynvj
    Carolynvj Member Posts: 78
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Had my last chemo yesterday & came home last night. Would dearly have loved to come to your fund raiser. However hope it is successful & you have a wonderful day.
    All the best Carolyn x
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Its actually on today at 3pm Robyn. I made this post after midnight and I got confused about yesterday and today :) I but thanks I will take you hope of success.
    Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Last chemo. Thats gotta be feeling brilliant hey? Congratulations for getting them all done Carolyn. Although you still have to go through the process this time around, it must make you happy that ITS DONE!!!

Janey xxx
  • yetbeung
    yetbeung Member Posts: 167
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hope it went well, l do love a good cupcake!! I wouldn't mind doing something like this after chemo is done - l had "bake days" when l did the World's Greatest Shave last yr, & l actually find baking quite therepeutic! This is going on my "to do" list!!
    From Bobbie
  • yetbeung
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hope it went well, l do love a good cupcake!! I wouldn't mind doing something like this after chemo is done - l had "bake days" when l did the World's Greatest Shave last yr, & l actually find baking quite therepeutic! This is going on my "to do" list!!
    From Bobbie
  • yetbeung
    edited March 2015
    Options
    From Bobbie
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The afternoon was a great success. We had 30 ladies come and of course we had too much food but better than not enough. I had such fun baking which I really haven't done for years, I think I have rediscovered my love of it. Might be dangerous though, I can feel the weight going on, my husband hasn't stopped eating the sweeties left over yet. I'll be posting some photos soon of the afternoon so watch this space.
    Janey xxx