Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Secondary breast cancer

Options
1235»

Comments

• max1ebob
    max1ebob Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Cellbird, I was meant to read your post today, sorry I know that you wrote it last month, though I just couldnt keep up with the overwhelming support as there was so many relpies. This morning I have had brain and lung scans, as both lungs have multiple leasions and when I read your post it gave me so much hope, as I am anxiously awaiting the results and what might happen to my treatment plan. Thank you for your post, it is very encouraging. 

• Celbird
    Celbird Member Posts: 680
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi ladies, did you know that NO statistics are collected about secondary breast cancer (also known as advanced breast cancer or metastatic breast cancer in Australia!

No-one knows how many women are diagnosed with this disease in Australia, how many are living with it, what the ages/geographical location/cultural background etc of are of these women, what care they are receiving and the care outcomes.

Research funding levels are usually based on data, which explains why approximately only 3-4% of breast cancer research funds are directed towards secondary breast cancer. Appalling stuff!

In the spirit of "rattling some cages" to raise the profile of this issue, I've had a go at drafting a letter to local MP's and any other people/organisations who could do with a poke and prod to get some action happening! I thought maybe those who are interested could send the letter off to their MP's and see what sort of a response we get!

If you would like to help me rattle some cages, please feel free to send a private message through and I will send you a copy of the letter.  Celeste ?
  • Ness
    Ness Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2015
    Options

I've been dealing with my cancer with alternative treatments and seem to be winning the battle. If anyone is looking for alternatives for treatment when their doctors tell them there is not much they can do for their stage of cancer let me know and I can give you some other information about plants and herbs etc  that are working for me. I'm sure nature provided a cure for everything and I've done a lot of research to find a cure for myself so I'm happy to share that. Even if you combine it with whatever 'modern medicine' has been recommended it might just give you better odds.

Kind regards, Ness

• Deb F
    Deb F Member Posts: 41
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I would be interested in hearing what you have to say ness. Where are your mets? How long ago were you diagnosed?