Sorry if TMI but genital pain with chemo...

Currently undergoing 4 dose dense AC and cannot find anyone else mentioning this side effect maybe due to intimate nature? My genital area is inflamed and feels swollen and sore. It's painful. Surely I am not alone with this side effect? Does anyone have experience with it and how long till it becomes less painful? Currently using lots Olive and Bee to try and be more comfortable. Not sexually active.

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 8,056
    Sorry to hear this @MillyMollyMulberry - have you told your Onc?  It almost sounds like an allergy to your treatment?  They may have heard of it happening to others?

I think there may be more members affected with vaginal atrophy than swelling such as your description? 

I hope you can find the cause and get some relief & fix it xx

take care
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,444
    Hi there, I have not experienced this but I suggest talk to your oncologist or breast care nurse today. It doesn't sound right and maybe you need some treatment for it. Best wishes 
  • Tri
    Tri Member Posts: 146
    hi @MillyMollyMulberry that sounds really awful for you ❤️🌻🌼
    Good suggestions from others to mention it to you bc nurse and oncologist.
    Might it be thrush? During the first couple of chemos I had thrush in the mouth and under one of my breasts. 
  • Abbydog
    Abbydog Member Posts: 509
    When did you start the Olive and Bee?
    Could you have an allergy to that?
    I would really ask your Oncologist, as I don't remember that on the list of possible side effects.
    Vaginal Atrophy, is a thing with normal Menopause, and even worse on Aromatase Inhibitors. But I doubt you have started these as yet. Vaginal Atrophy is when the tissues in and around the vagina become pale, thin and less lubricated. This can be painful, but doesn't quite sound like your description. 
    I hope that you get an answer to your problem soon.