Waiting game

Options
13»

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,586
    Options
    Good on you for contacting McGrath, @Siewli!  I hope you can hook up with her soon.  

There isn't a dedicated Stage 3 Group at this stage that I am aware of ..... but if you add 'Stage 3' to the topic - I am sure that those who are Stage 3 will respond .... You can also ring the Helpline & have a chat (not on weekends tho, sorry) ... the number is on the blue banner at the top of the page. xx. Or on the 'discussions page', you can also put Stage 3 into the 'search' area to see topics about Stage 3. 

Out of interest - do you attend your Medical appointments in & around Wollongong or do you have to travel to a bigger town for your appointments & surgery?  I am rural & had my radiation at Port Macquarie & stayed at the Rotary Lodge there at a very reasonable cost - and could still claim on the balance too.  In NSW we have a compensation scheme for rural travellers re medical costs, called IPTAAS (Isolated patients travel and accommodation scheme) ... click here to register:    https://iptaas.enable.health.nsw.gov.au/
     .... So basically .....  if you have to travel a total of 200km or more within a week to numerous appts - you can claim for petrol reimbursement and a portion of accommodation as well, if required. 
    If a single trip is further than 100k each way, you can put as many claims, as they individually occur.  There are a few forms to fill in tho .... and also Can Assist (https://canassist.org.au/) can also help rural folk with expenses - eg fuel and food vouchers ..... I think the closest branch to you is either Shoalhaven or the Southern Highlands ..... but you can chat with them on Facebook to see if there are any closer branches - they are fairly prompt at replying, even on weekends!  Rural Offices:
    https://canassist.org.au/about-us/local-branches/

Take care & all the best. xx
  • Siewli
    Siewli Member Posts: 73
    Options
    I am having my surgery n treatment in Wollongong hospital. In Wollongong hospital, there's a Cancer Care Clinic.
  • Siewli
    Siewli Member Posts: 73
    Options
    My surgery (remove right breast and right arm lymph nodes) is being push forward to this Thurs 19 May! A bit worry and nervous about the op. Hopefully I will recover fast.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,586
    edited May 2022
    Options
    That's great that the wait has been reduced @Siewli .... Check out what to take to hospital (specially the charging cords for you phone/ipad etc!) in the post mentioned above ..... front opening PJs and maybe even a lightweight cardigan for the cooler evenings now ....   Just before my own surgery, my brother asked if I was taking 'before pics' ... and I'd never even thought of it .... so I did!!   (Not that I've gone back & looked for them .....) but ... just a thought!  xx

You'll be amazed at how much better you'll be feeling afterwards knowing it is 'gone'! xx  

Take care & all the best xx
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,279
    Options
    Best wishes @Siewli. Speedy recovery from surgery. 💐