DCIS

2»

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,354
    edited June 2022
    @Pommy8

I am sure people have refused chemo but perhaps best to get the full picture and talk with your oncologist about your own particular case? Everyone is different and most people’s cancers are different too, so what works for one may not work for another and what is incredibly difficult for one may be much easier for someone else. Chemo isn’t a walk in the park but reactions vary a lot. As you say, your mind is spinning so take some time to breathe deeply, come to terms with the diagnosis and think about what will best get you into a cancer free future. Best wishes, take care of yourself. 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,543
    edited June 2022
    The question you need to ask with regard to Chemo is the percentage for improvement 
    For me it was 3% so I asked what else was on offer
    My Medical Oncologist had said if it was 7% or more he would've talked me into Chemo.
    My medication is 10 years
    Please be open to all suggestions as it's about mopping up any stray cells.   Hopefully your lymph nodes are clear. 
    Take care
  • brightspace
    brightspace Member Posts: 445
    Hello and bigg huggs my dear
    It is early days for you as you are post op .and you have not had results for lymph yet
    soo much to take in

Take each day with a fresh approach as most of us know its too early to be thinking too far ahead
    We are very lucky to have the best of treatment options available

Always ok to ask for another referral
    All the best
    bright in hope

• van68
    van68 Member Posts: 4
    i am going in for a second lumpectomy after a diagnosis of high grade dcis 5 weeks ago.Its a waiting game but its great to have this forum .So far the medical intervention has been unreal on the gold coast.