Surgery without further Treatment

Options
2»

Comments

• SazziBloss
    SazziBloss Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi @Anne65 that's great you had such good results and reassuring it has been such a long time. Yes, your explanation matches what my breast surgeon has suggested pending confirmation from an Oncologist.
    Thank you for your best wishes and may you continue to have the same. 
    Sazzi x
  • Raich
    Raich Member Posts: 114
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hi @SazziBloss
    great news on your results. 
    I was fortunate enough to have a similar outcome back in 2020. 
    Grade 2 DCIS, lumpectomy- luckily auxiliary clearance only needed 2 nodes and there were no cancerous cells there. unfortunately no clear margins so mastectomy followed. 
    My surgical and oncology team looked at all my results and measurements and I was lucky enough to not require radiation therapy or chemo. I am now 1.5 years into 10 years of tamoxifen to protect my lone boob. 
    I feel very fortunate to have survived this ordeal relatively unscathed. 
    It does feel weird though and I sometimes feel guilty or that I’m less of a survivor because I didn’t go through further treatment after surgery. Such a bizarre set of emotions. 
    Xxx love and luck to you xxx

• SazziBloss
    SazziBloss Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi @Raich thank you for your advice, it has been a mixture of emotions but I am very grateful for my guardian angel that has meant my journey was easier.
    I like to think I had cancer with a little 'c', which doesn't retract from our respective journeys both mentally and physically.
    Wishing you long lasting good health.
    Sazzi xx
  • Raich
    Raich Member Posts: 114
    Options
    Thanks @SazziBloss, that’s a good way to think about it.  Xxx
    Raich