Wishing everyone a very safe and happy Xmas .... we'll be glad to kiss this year goodbye!

Options
arpie
arpie Member Posts: 7,586
edited December 2020 in General discussion
Hi guys

Wishing everyone a Merry Xmas & happy & safe New Year - and hoping it is spent with family & friends, filled with lots of love, peace & happiness and good outcomes for 2021.   

Many Thanks for all the support & advice that we have given each other & received in return, along with the tips & yes, even laughs - it is all SO important for our mental health as well as our physical health.  We are still hoping that hubby's condition will 'settle' .... 

Hard to believe this time last year, we were ringed by fires & screaming out for rain .... just now (Mid North Coast NSW) we've had continual rain & even Xmas Day looks 'dodgy'!  

Some of us have been lucky enough to meet up with members during the year, forging strong friendships - and are looking forward to meeting up with more in 2021, Covid willing.

Take care, look after yourselves - and remember that there will always be someone 'on line' throughout the Xmas/New Year period, if you need someone to chat to   xxxx

If your treatment makes you feel ill or you get a temperature spike - make sure you just ring 000 & get attended to .... don't try & sit it out alone.

Merry Xmas everybody!

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,586
    Options
    I'd love to see all of that quilt, @brightspace - it looks VERY interesting!!  xx. All the best xx

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @brightspace
    Oh what a gorgeous quilt!
  • ChezaH
    ChezaH Member Posts: 549
    Options

arpie said:

Hi guys

Wishing everyone a Merry Xmas & happy & safe New Year - and hoping it is spent with family & friends, filled with lots of love, peace & happiness and good outcomes for 2021.   

Many Thanks for all the support & advice that we have given each other & received in return, along with the tips & yes, even laughs - it is all SO important for our mental health as well as our physical health.  We are still hoping that hubby's condition will 'settle' .... 

Hard to believe this time last year, we were ringed by fires & screaming out for rain .... just now (Mid North Coast NSW) we've had continual rain & even Xmas Day looks 'dodgy'!  

Some of us have been lucky enough to meet up with members during the year, forging strong friendships - and are looking forward to meeting up with more in 2021, Covid willing.

Take care, look after yourselves - and remember that there will always be someone 'on line' throughout the Xmas/New Year period, if you need someone to chat to   xxxx

If your treatment makes you feel ill or you get a temperature spike - make sure you just ring 000 & get attended to .... don't try & sit it out alone.

Merry Xmas everybody!

Merry Christmas to you all and a much brighter healthy New Year Love Cheryl and family xx

• ChezaH
    ChezaH Member Posts: 549
    Options

Anne65 said:

@Annie C I couldnt agree more! What a wonderful video. It makes you think of those amazing healthcare workers who have saved so many lives this year & continue to put themselves before others. An amazing group of dedicated & caring individuals. I was looking for @arpie playing the uke in the background there somewhere!!
    I wish everyone a Christmas filled with peace, joy, laughter & many blessings. Lets hope the New Year brings hope & good health to us all. It has been a tough year for everyone, some more than others but we should all come together at this time & give thanks to the kindness & compassion shown by many through the year. 
    I have lost two family members during the year, a close Auntie who helped raise my sister & i with my Dad & grandma after my mum passed away when we were young. I also lost my mother-in-law whose battle started with breast cancer. Despite these losses, I am still feeling especially grateful for the friends & family i have & after the year we have all had, its the simple things in our lives that still remain the most important. More then ever, i choose to wake each day with a smile.
    Thanks to the continued love & support shown by you all on this forum & the dedicated BCNA staff. The friendships made here are very special & a comfort to many at a time of need. Although many of us will never meet, the care & love shown on this forum is what Christmas is all about. Love & prayers to you all xxxx

Beautifully said Hugs Cheryl xx
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,536
    Options
    Thank you @arpie! Lovely message 😊. 
    And I’m really glad we have rain this Xmas instead of fires 👌🏻.
    All the best to everyone over the festive season 🍀♥️