microblading - eyebrows

2»

Comments

• Abbydog
    Abbydog Member Posts: 479
    Dear CarrieP,
    When I had my EC Chemo (red IV injection), I was given Iceblocks to suck at my Chemo suite.
    I don't know if this is standard practice. But the theory behind it is to make the mouth cold, and prevent mouth ulcers.
    I didn't have mouth ulcers, but may be a coincidence.
  • CarrieP
    CarrieP Member Posts: 39
    thanks x
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,354
    @Mazbeth

I just take a Mega B once a day. I don’t get any joint pain or aches from Femara so I don’t know if it works for that - although I have taken Vitamin B all the time I have been on Femara so maybe it does! Seriously, I’ve never heard it suggested for AI side effects so I don’t think it does. Best wishes.
  • PV123
    PV123 Member Posts: 202
    Hi @CarrieP
    Good luck with your treatment.  I had 12 weeks of paclitaxel, I started doing the ice therapy from the second treatment.  I did not have any neuropathy ( hopefully that was due to the ice treatment ). There are a few posts with pictures that have been posted by other members. I definitely think the ice treatment is worth the effort. 

I did not use the cold cap. I lost all my hair, however my hair has come back thicker than what it was ( who would have thought chemo could have any benefits).  I had a few effects such as mouth sores but nothing that I couldn’t deal with.  
  • CarrieP
    CarrieP Member Posts: 39
    thanks so much PV123 x
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911
    Hi I did quite well with the ice therapy for most of the taxol treatment.  Towards the end of my 12 sessions of treatment my big toe nails lifted and I wasnt able to continue with it.  I now have a little PN in my toes.  Did my hands again for most of the treatment and only have a little PN in my fingernails.  The staff were helpful in showing us where the ice machine was.  I used hospital jugs first time then got my own from 2 dollar shop.  Used hospital gloves.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    You're not being vain about the eyebrows.  I found that harder to deal with than losing my hair - my face just looked naked without them.  
  • Abbydog
    Abbydog Member Posts: 479
    I missed my eyelashes too. There wasn't an easy substitute for them. I used Kohl pencil on my bottom eye margins.
    I was lucky they fell out later during Paclitaxel and had grown back within 2 months of finishing Chemo. While they were gone, my eyelids were also puffy. Few people noticed but i could tell and they felt heavy. Eyes back to normal.
     Eye brows are still missing. Chemo finished  Mid August 2020. I didn't have thick eyebrows before, so glad I had them tattooed.
  • Dory65
    Dory65 Member Posts: 323
    I am baffled. There is simply no excuse for cancer units to leave it up to the ingenuity and efforts of the patients and their carers to set up their own DIY anti-neuropathy systems! WTF. It should be standard procedure!!! Plus, a lot of people wouldn't have known about ice therapy until it was too late to try. Hair loss is one thing. Enduring nerve damage and pain is a whole other level...
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    I agree @Dory65. Funding needs to go into research and providing it. 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    I had a very faint block eyebrow colour done before I lost mine completely. My regrowth grew exactly into the brow. 4.5 years on need I need a touch up now. I had no infection issues and it made my day so much easier. I wore bottom eye-liner only as I just couldn't do the top lid and used only a soft brown. No harsh black.