Comments

• FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,536
    Options
    That’s a gorgeous puzzle @arpie 😍.  Good on hubby! 👏🏻
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,831
    Options
    That is amazing !  He must still have good eyesight and a steady hand to go along with more patience than I have !!!
    Off to buy him another one ?
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    I was recently introduced to Ravensburger Jigsaw puzzles 

"Buy Ravensburger Jigsaw Puzzles Online - Australia" https://www.jigsawstore.com.au/brand/ravensburger/
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,586
    Options
    I’ve got a few up my sleeve @June1952 .... I think one of them is a Ravensburger, @iserbrown!  They are good quality.

He loves Word Search too, and is good at it too, so I’ve bought a few books for him and he gets a big one out of the Sunday Paper every week too .... 

His foot is looking MUCH better .. very little peeling - and he’s been less ‘tired’ following this latest treatment. He finishes the oral chemo tomorrow and has bloods taken next Mon and we see the Onc and next treatment next Wed.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    Glad things are going ok with his meds @arpie. Jigsaw puzzles see me through the bad head space days. 

• arpie
    Options
    Hubby had his bloods done Mon & chemo on Wed.  His bloods came back slightly ‘elevated’ - but one of the cancer markers is still in the NORMAL range & the other one  only went up 10 points so the Onc, seeing Keith’s actual disposition, is not too concerned about the rise.  (He was going up 60 points a session in the early days of diagnosis before the tide turned ..)

I have to be realistic that sooner or later, that they will start going up again .. so just hoping we can stabilise them and keep them steady .. Fingers crossed.

We had cut back one of the evening Capecitabine tablets 2 sessions ago, so we’re going back to the 2 tablets morning & night for the 10 days that he is on them, following the chemo … and if the markers go up again, we’ll then go back to the 14 days of tablets not the 10.  So we have a couple of options to explore, even tho it will stuff up his foot again with the peeling.  Pawpaw ointment has been helping with the peeling!

She has also said that he can have the Astra Zeneca covid vaccine too - so I’ve arranged that now for Sat.  His White Blood cell count is perfect, so no risk re his immune system - just gotta watch for any possible allergic reaction & the chills.   One of my other buddies with Stage 4 Breast Cancer had hers last week, too & she didn't have a problem with it.  I had mine a few weeks ato (1st one) & my 2nd isn’t until Sept now.  I hope you’ve had yours if you are able to  ...  

He is going well in himself - puts himself to bed a couple of times a day for a kip .... and has actually put on a couple of kilos body weight ... so that is good! The air fryer is paying for itself! It does GORGEOUS fresh potato wedges ....  I dare not weigh myself!

take care, have a good weekend xx
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    Sounds like your team has a good plan going forward Arpie for him. Take care I have had my first Astra Zeneca also wiped me out for about a week. but good now  GOT a Job woo hoo and start in 2 weeks new life with new job and loving it here in Tassie 
  • arpie
    Options
    So sorry about the AZ side effect but WOOHOO ON THE JOB!!! Well done!!  Yes, Tassie is gorgeous. You can expect a visitor if/when I ever get back there... with my kayak!  ;) 

I’ll  be be keeping an eye on him for sure and we have an epipen on hand in case of allergic reactions!  

Enjoy the tail end of your ‘holidays’ :)  take care xx