Happy Birthday to @kmakm

Options
13»

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,371
    Options
    Oh bad luck! No, that’s not fun. Best wishes for the pathology results. 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Fingers crossed for those path results.
  • Artferret
    Artferret Member Posts: 259
    Options
    @Kmakm
    Damn it, Kate, you just don't get a break! Mum has to have one every year, so long as her health is good as she has an aggressive colon that likes producing lots of polyps and it's familial too 😫 and with my background of crohns...so i was very relieved after Wednesday. And so was mum, she was very worried that her cancer had come back but only one largish polyp was found which is pretty good considering her last colonoscopy was Nov 19 where he found 20 + and one nasty large pre cancerous one. He also found a bleed site which hopefully will explain why she has been anemic so she also had an iron infusion. Mum has a lot happening health wise at the moment so to get good news here was a plus. Mum now has to go on a really high fibre diet because she now has diverticulitis, just another thing to add to mum's ever growing list! But i have to say mum keeps very positive and upbeat about it all.
    Good luck with your path results , Kate
    Love Cath
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Thanks guys.

This things do mount up as we age, don't they @Artferret. I'm so glad to hear your mum had good news. A high fibre diet will be just fine. Lots of delish food fits that category! And she will feel like a new woman with that bleed stopped and a top of iron.

As awful as the prep is, a colonoscopy is s marvellous tool. We're so lucky to live in a country where we can access it so easily.

Next up, a DEXA then the rescheduled revision surgery on my foobs. Fingers crossed they get the Covid19 spread under control here and the op doesn't get postponed again. K xox
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911
    Options
    Happy belated birthday.  I think I missed this one.  Hope you had a good day.  Cheers.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @kmakm
    Best wishes as you work your way through the tests
    Take care
  • kmakm
    Options
    Thank you @Locksley and @iserbrown:)
  • Caz1
    Caz1 Member Posts: 382
    Options
    Hi @kmakm
    Sorry about the colonoscopy results..... :(  
    Letrozole, what a drag , I am on it too...and back on coloxyl too...
    Good luck with your revision surgery lovely , hope you can sneak it in!
    Caz xx

• kmakm
    Options
    Thanks @Caz1. Fingers crossed!
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Shellshocked2018_ Member Posts: 283
    Options
    Happy Birthday kmakm, sorry I missed it. Hope you had a fabulous day.
  • kmakm
    Options
    I had a very pleasant day thank you @Shellshocked2018_. K xox