Keeping family and friends informed

2»

Comments

• Jwrenn
    Jwrenn Member Posts: 144
    Hi @Jo_H
    We did a  family fb messenger  group which  got hijacked by my sister ( who unfortunately has a terminal brain tumour) so it became all about her which was disappointing. I now don’t want to continue with that unless someone else asks me on it. We just contact the people we want to let know now where we are up to.

Good luck 
    Jenny 😊

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,568
    I hope you have made a good recovery from your surgery, too, @Jo_H ....

You will have your game plan now too, so all the best with that as well xx

Re telling family, workmates & friends - yep - as @kmakm says - it is all about what works for you, no-one else! ;)   xx
  • StarGirl
    StarGirl Member Posts: 135
    @Jo_H it was a completely genuine question, not a judgment. I took from your post that you were perhaps feeling a bit overwhelmed/uncertain about communication in the broad and was just wondering whether you felt obliged to share en masse but were unsure whether you wanted (or had the energy) to.  Noting also that some people have mentioned some regret at initial very broad messaging. It has absolutely nothing to do with caring about people. But it can be worth considering whether it’s what you actually want rather than what you feel others expect. It can also mean that it becomes very difficult to ever talk about anything else. 
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,370
    That’s a good point. I found the best way of not having everyone go on and on about it was to tell everything myself at the start and then those who wanted to talk among themselves could do so without bothering me! That said, I don’t have a big extended family. Horses for courses. Main thing is not to make updating (or not) a burden or a worry. No-one needs that!