Bugger, bugger, bugger

Comments

• Mantis
    Mantis Member Posts: 61
    I can completely sympathise.  I had a couple of weeks of intermittent neck pain and headaches, not bad but ongoing for a couple of weeks.  I saw my oncologist who arranged for an MRI and CT.  It took a week to get in for the MRI and the pain got much worse in that time so of course I expected the worst.  It was an incredible relief to find out that it was just a disc bulge and anti-inflammatories and physio were all I needed!  Best of luck @Deanne for your bone scan results.  xx
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Excellent so far, good luck with the scan! 
  • strongtogether
    strongtogether Member Posts: 167
    All the best with this Deanne. Hope you get good news soon.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Phew!!  :*
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    Hi Deanne
    I hope this is a simple nerve issue but goodness, don't all long term pains (we do wait a while before panicking !) make us think the worst /  Scanxiety is the worst coming out in us.
    I am not a religious person but I sincerely pray the tests prove to be negative.
    You are a wonderful support to many ladies and we are all here to give you support.
    Sending bug cyber hugs   <3
    Summer
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Oh I bet you feel better Deanne after reading that but will only feel "safe" once the bone scan is done.
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    Hi Deanne, did you have the bone scan?How did it go? Thinking of you.
    xx
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Fingers crossed!  Sounds like a double whammy with discs and glute - ouch!
    Take care
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    Hi Deanne, that is sounding promising (not the bulging disc!) But we almost rejoice when it’s any health issue instead of cancer.Sorry you’ve caught a cold to rub salt into the wound.It’s like your body is really insisting you rest.I hope to hear in a few days time that you are celebrating your bulging disc!!
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Oh @Deanne I have been somewhat  absent from the blog lately so missed your post.Am so sad about all that you’ve been thru this past week and am hoping the news continues to get better for you.Getting a cold on top of it all! 

Not sure if it helps but for pain relief I found Dencorub Ice Therapy Arthritis gel at night  very helpful these past few months for my tennis elbow. Gather you know Panadol and Ibuprofen can be taken together for a few days as they work synergistically for extra pain relief .

Not sure what else I can add to help but yes that scan fear is never far away from any of us.Thinking of you and sending hugs.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    What a Bugger about getting the cold, @Deanne - you've been thru the mill just now.   I hope you've enjoyed your 'quiet time' without hubby ....... tho sometimes, it can be 'too quiet' I've found, when my hubby is away!  LOL  

Just make sure you take food with Ibuprofen/Anti Inflams - it can bite you in the bum if you don't!  :(   

All the best with your appt with your GP ... take care xxx
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Excellent news. It’d be nice not to go through the worry at all, but still a good outcome. 
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    Yes @Afraser, unfortunately the physio (with the best of intentions) really worried me by ringing me and saying they had found something in the CT scan and that a bone scan should be done considering my symptoms and history. Then the doctor had her receptionist ring to request that I make an appointment and that worried me even more. If the report had been completed when I saw my GP for the results the first time then I would have never been so worried. By the time I saw the GP again I had myself pretty anxious.

All good now and it is reassuring that everyone was being thorough and now I know there is nothing sinister behind my pain.  :)