Getting Ready for Winter.

Options
AllyJay
AllyJay Member Posts: 945
I've just finished another pair of wristwarmers / fingerless gloves for winter. Between the problems with my joints, not at all helped by dear old letrozole, and terrible Reynaud's, I'm hoping they'll help. The cold is a huge trigger for the Reynaud's and also makes my hands ache even more. Regular gloves make knitting impossible and also can't turn the page on my kindle either. I've been tapping the screen on the tip of my nose or my chin to do this. Not sure if the bare finger tips will still be a problem. These were the sort of item I thought the pressure garment folks might find useful to hide the hand part sticking from the end of winter long sleeves, as some had not liked the ugliness of them.

Comments

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
    Great colour! I use fingerless gloves regularly as it is nearly impossible to work in an office with the full fingered ones. Fingertips still suffer but something is better than nothing. I saw some gloves in a shop the other day that said you can still use iPads etc whilst wearing them, but they were very expensive.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    They look brilliant, @AllyJay!  I've been wearing fingerless gloves for donkey's years as I like not having to take them off to do anything but nothing as stylish as yours.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    Clever YOU!  Those are gorgeous - I hope they do the trick.  I have some fingerless fishing gloves that I'll take with me to the Snowys on my Otis retreat (leaving tomorrow.)  Also got some other fleecy gloves too - and taking some hand warmers - You click the silver bit & the whole thing warms up!!  I have one that goes around my neck as well.  These  smaller ones, you can keep in your pocket.  The red one (after it cooled down) goes opaque & needs 'boiling up again' as they are 'multi use' - then they go clear & squishy again like the green one.

I bought a pair of these 'fingerless arthritis gloves' late last  year too, so will take them too ...... these are the 'large' and only just fitted MY hands (they are very snug - also very long!  LOL) ..... wouldn't want too have really big hands!!

• Blossom1961
    Options
    @arpie I love the fact they almost cover your fingers. I will need to look for these.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    They were Aldi ones @Blossom1961  - I thought I just had short fingers!   LOL  I have packed about 4 pairs of different gloves, including neoprene fishing ones as well!  LOL
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    A cold change overnight. 7 deg at 6.45am, and my fingers typing are very cold!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @jennyss Brrr!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Love a slouchy beanie! You hipster @Jan61!
  • jan61
    jan61 Member Posts: 48
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @kmakm bwahaha.   It stayed on this for this mornings walk.... I’m so happy with it.... bamboo of some sort I think... warm as toast on our first cool morning. 
  • Artferret
    Artferret Member Posts: 259
    Options
    @Blossom1961 try looking for those gloves in Chemist warehouse. That's where i got mine.
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    Thank you @Artferret
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    @AllyJay, those are gorgeous!
    I opted to go with a black sleeve & glove, and a burgundy set. Nothing like hiding in plain sight. I've had less comments & questions since wearing these than I used to get in the beautiful beige.

@jennyss, we got down to 1 overnight last night, with 2 degrees forecast tonight. Winter is here in the capital 😁