Sigh! Winter

Options
I used to love winter. Maybe not so much this year. Not even May yet, however two layers of warm socks are not keeping my ankles warm enough to stop the pain. Ugg boots are great and I have no hesitation wearing them shopping if that is what it takes. Going out to work however??? There are dressy Uggs you can buy but very pricey. Hmmm, maybe I should start wearing long dresses to hide what is on my feet.

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Mercifully I am pain free but my neuropathied feet frequently feel like I am wearing three pairs of socks anyway. My feet don't get particularly cold, but the three sock layer feeling comes without any thermal benefits! 
  • CatRM
    CatRM Member Posts: 12
    Options
    Have you checkout out ebay? There are some gorgeous UGG Anali black leather boots there (I'm not the seller!!! I just googled it!!)...still a bit pricey but if they get you through a few winters they're worth it! 

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
    @Afraser How come your feet don’t get cold? Neuropathy is what is causing the pain in my ankles and cold sets it off. Wow. Even the side effects of side effects are different for everyone.
    @CatRM I found a nice pair on eBay called Nicole and then looked up Ugg and found one on their site called Kristin which is on special. Didn’t even think of it. Thank you.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    So true about even the side effects of the side effects being different. In the first few months of pn, as well as numbness, I had significant pain, particularly in my toes. But that abated, so now I have limited feeling in lots of patches, can't tuck my toes and my feet range from almost normal to walking on dunlopillo with multiple pairs of socks inbetween. But no pain or extremes of temperatures. And it is improving - speed of a glacier, but improvement is improvement. 6 years though......
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @CatRM Just checked them out. They would be so good for my ankles this winter! Might have to put them on my birthday list...
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @Blossom1961
    @kmakm
    The UGG shop is a stones throw from your Sunday lunch venue

https://www.dfo.com.au/south-wharf/stores/the-ugg-shop/
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Thanks @iserbrown!
  • Artferret
    Artferret Member Posts: 259
    Options
    I love this time of year,  it's kinder to my hands, not as much swelling and i get to sleep quicker cos it's cooler. It's when it gets colder that the stiffness will kick in though maybe not so much this winter...i have a two month drug holiday to look forward too.
    Today was glorious though...
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    I think I am looking forward to the cooler weather ... snuggling under the doona, even with the leccie blanket on ..... not just yet tho!  Every other night is still warm!   grrr
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
    I lived in Darwin for eight months and one of the guys I worked with asked what an electric blanket was. He was serious.