Just half a glass thanks. I have to cut back
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
    An angel. Yeah right!
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    What brilliant pictures @Blossom1961.  Looks like a lot of fun.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    Just AWESOME!  Art and perspective is just so clever!!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Love it Didi!
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    The wing thingo was !!!! How cool is it when you wear exactly the right frock! Mxx
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    @Blossom1961
    Thankyou for the photos from Artvo. These are the things that I miss. Just a little bit of culture. 

Back in May of 2012 on our way back from New Zealand husband and I were very lucky to jag a photographic exhibition at the National Exhibition Centre (oposite the Botanic Gardens) (I think!). What an experience. It was enthralling.

However at the time I think we made the disparaging comment that it was not a patch on the Kimberley Photographic Prize held each June in our little town!!!

Still planning another trip to Melbourne next year, so who knows what I will get up to and see.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I've never heard of Artvo - sounds interesting.  Great pics!

(The angel photo reminded me of a house we were renting a few years ago - some fancy 80s? tiles were just the right height for my husband and made it look as if he had wings.)
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Dear @Blossom1961, thanks for the photos what an amazing exhibition. Whereabouts is Artvo? My favourite is the elephant and frog.
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    Options
    Fabulous pics @Blossom1961
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
    Hi @jennyss Artvo is in Docklands Melbourne. It wasn’t quite as spectacular as I was hoping but it was still fun and more importantly, relaxing. There is also an indoor mini golf, hoyts theatres, Melb Star Ferris wheel, and heaps of eateries in Docklands. You could easily make a day of it.