getting the breast out of life

Options

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited February 2019
    Options
    My husband and other  sons have large pecs which are rounded mounds. It is their musculsr structure....quite different looking from my son with gynomastia who has pointed breasts. None of my sons or husband work out but it is part of their appearance.

Your GP will be able to help with what's normal, what's not and what testing should be done. 

You might find this interesting to read about also.

https://www.nichd.nih.gov/health/topics/klinefelter/conditioninfo/symptoms
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Hi Anthony. Sounds like you're on the right track by checking things out with a doctor. Good on you.

It's very important to know what is normal is for your boobs. 'Feel it on the first' is a good phrase to remind yourself to self-examine every month. Get your doctor to show you how, or find a reliable guide on the internet. Breast awareness means that if a change occurs, you'll be onto it straight away.

https://www.bcna.org.au/breast-health-awareness/breast-awareness/

When I had boobs (I had a double mastectomy last year), all my life the right one had aches and pains, and not just when I was pre-menstrual. No one could ever tell me why. Our bodies are sometimes a peculiar mystery!

My mother had breast cancer and my sister died from it. Then I was diagnosed with it. Turns out we have a gene mutation called CHEK2. If you're in Melbourne you might like to talk to the Peter Mac Familial Cancer Centre. They're the experts on cancer clusters in families.

I like that you're being proactive about your health! Big hug, K xox
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Welcome @moose87 I got here late but have read your posts.  Like the other people have said, I think it's important to find out what is going on.  Great that you're accepting your body shape (so many of us never do) but you should know what is makingne related it different from other men.  While breast cancer doesn't seem to have a favourite as far as breast size, we know about the hormone relationship so worth finding out.  Even without this, the number of women in your family with breast cancer warrants checking out the issue. 
  • moose87
    moose87 Member Posts: 14 New Member
    Options
    Thanks. Body acceptance is my drive this year I think. Its been tricky to find clothes sometimes. If its big enough to go over my boobs it's too wide in the shoulders and baggy around my abdomen. And usually long. If it's loose enough to get over my bum and hips it's loose aroubd my waist and usually long in the legs. Anyone have any suggestions for decent office attire? 
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 945
    Options
    I have a relative by marriage who is transgender. This person was born female, but identifies as male. Last year they had a bilateral mastectomy, referred to as "top surgery". Prior to this, a very tight chest or breast binder was used to flatten the breasts in order to appear (with clothes) more masculine. This person has also been on hormone therapy, one to suppress the female hormones, and another to add testosterone. Perhaps for work, something similar would be helpful. If, however your aim this year is body acceptance, then perhaps not...
  • moose87
    Options
    When I was younger I used to wrap compression tape around my boobs.. Hurt a lot as I got older. But yeah I'm more embrasive of my curves now days. That soubds like a huge journey your friend went on! 
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
    I knew a guy that was exactly as you describe yourself. He was much older than you when I met him. He wore unisex clothing but did not bother to hide his curves. He identified as a man but allowed people to think he was a woman to save stupid explanations. He chose not to have an operation as he had become comfortable with himself. As we are always saying here, you need to do what is right for you. It is your body. Welcome to our forum family.
  • moose87
    Options
    So tommorow is d day.. Or day 2 or . Not really sure what will happen tommorow... But prob good timing.. Been having bad abdominal pains so going to the doctor tommorow has come at a good time. I'll be sure to let you all know what happens.
    I know how your friend feels too with the explanations. I have stopped correcting people with the pronouns etc. It can just be a bit tricky or awkward with names. Maybe I need a back up female name. On another note.. Tried on some tops today for work :) 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Good luck @moose87, hope it goes well. K xox
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Did you say your name was Anthony?  Toni works as well as Tony.  ;)  Anyway, good luck.
  • moose87
    Options
    Lol i did live toni colette in murials wedding lol. 
  • moose87
    Options
    10am up date . Had abdominal pain heading to my appointment. Doctor suspects a hernia. Sending me for an xray. Blood sample taken  I am o-..... Which sucks . .. 
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
    @moose87 On the positive side, your blood can be given to anybody in an emergency. You are the universal type. My hubby and daughter both have O- and the blood bank loves them.

• moose87
    Options
    10.30 update Not a hernia. No bulging and hard to isolate where the pain is. Waiting for xray result  Waiting rooms need to put better things out to read. Also didn't realise that one of my boobs is a good finger amount bigger than the other one untill I wore a bra
  • moose87
    Options
    well..off for an MRI now.....
This discussion has been closed.