Aromasin and weight gain, now I know Im not going mad...

Options
13»

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,586
    Options
    @msg132 - a visit to a dietician may help you plan your weight loss ..... My CarePlan allows me to see one (plus physio etc) for up to 4-5 visits .... 

Resistance classes & walking is a good start - so well done you.  With me, it is 'mind over mattress' - and the mattress usually wins!  LOL. I KNOW I should get up earlier & go for a walk, but without a fishing rod in my hand along the beach, I am not at all interested in walking otherwise!!

take care & all the best
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    @msg132 I hear you loud and clear and this is why I wrote this post originally. Can I say this is to this day for me THE most frustrating part of the whole treatment!!! I am 6yrs post my 2nd diagnosis thankfully but with that came an extra 9kgs!!! I tried everything, dieting, exercise you name it! I've spoke to the Oncologist at length to gain help, to NO avail. Interesting isn't it?? they carry on that women carrying extra weight are at a higher risk of breast cancer....ummmm.....yet most of the weight is caused by treatment lol. The Oncologist couldnt answer that one! So whilst being on an AI and Ive been on them all, you will struggle. I have the added problem of prolia injections thanks to chemo put me into osteoporosis. Since treatment Ive been saying for years that my arms and legs are different, they are carrying fluid. I have been constantly barked down by everyone. The Nurse at my GP finally told me I had it! OMG!! The best thing you can do she told me for weight loss is, reduce your carbs. Ive also spoken to a Dietician but I already eat great! so the only thing I can do is more clean eating and try and limit the sugar and carbs. It is an uphill battle, I cannot exercise very much due to side effects from treatment and medication. I also have fibromyalgia but none of this stops me. I just have to be careful of the balance physically.

Menopause is the other thing treatment did and so coupled with medication, made losing weight absolutely impossible. The worst part is seeking help from so many professionals who are supposed to have you in their care, but not able to offer 1 little suggestion at all is not OK. 

I did do the PHATT Program and lost 7.5kgs however I ended up in hospital and it all just came back on. I drink 2-3 litres a day of water and it doesn't help with fluid at all. 

I wish you all the best if you are able to exercise do it! reduce carbs and sugar maybe through the week, clean eat and treats on weekends would be my suggestion.

Hugs Melinda x
  • msg132
    msg132 Member Posts: 37
    Options
    Thanks so much for writing this Melinda- taking one day at a time and hoping I will not give in