• Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Good point @Zoffiel hopefully she do so when she logs on after her leave xo
  • wingman
    wingman Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello All,
    Thank you very much for all the comments and suggestions. When I asked what research should we be doing it was very much an open-ended question without any specific direction in mind. I am a big believer in research directions being set through engaging with the people who have experienced the disease first hand. There is a big move globally and in Australia towards this, as more and more researchers are realising how much more impact our work can have if it is guided by the people who know it best.
    One of the central messages I have gained from hearing the posts on this thread is that breast cancer diagnosis, treatment and survivorship can be very isolating and the psychological effects are underappreciated. We need to develop better models of care that treat the whole person, and that care needs to be on a continuum, through all the stages of the disease and after treatment has ended. With breast cancer being as common as it is, and treatments improving all the time, there are an enormous number of people living with the long term impact of the disease. It is a big issue with a lot of different aspects to it, requiring input and commitment from many different health providers, government, health economists, patients. This is a big thing and needs to take time for the ideas to crystalise.
    Sorry if my lack of response to replies on this thread caused some problems. I have been reading them but not able to respond to them as much I would like with my workload and family commitments. Also, being new here I didn't know the protocols. If it would be appropriate to close the thread then I can request this.

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @Giovanna_BCNA - the above has requested the thread be closed.
This discussion has been closed.