Friday update 16 November 2018

Options
2»

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    Please tell me your secret,@kmakm!!  I used to be able to make them nice & crunchy, but not now!  I fear it is my new oven (18 months old now!)  Or do you use an electric Fry Pan??  ;) 

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Absolutely @Blossom1961.  I'll bring the trifle!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Peel and chop the potatoes to a reasonably uniform size.

Put them in a big saucepan of cold water with a good sprinkle of salt. Bring to the boil and continue to boil for two minutes.

Drain into a caulinder, and then spread out onto a tea towel to dry really well.

When dry and cool enough to handle, rough up the potatoes by scraping every side with a fork.

Pre-heat the oven to 220°C. Cover the bottom of a roasting pan with vegetable oil and pre-heat until very hot, about 10 minutes. The oil should sizzle when you put in he potatoes.

Toss the potatoes so they're covered in the oil, and then leave to cook. Keep an eye on them. Depending on the size of the cut, and the heat of the oven, turn the heat up or down so they don't burn. Turn them after about half an hour. When they're as golden as you want, take them out with a slotted spoon, draining them on paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and serve immediately!
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @kmakm You surely are a Kitchen Goddess!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Flaneuse If only I looked like Nigella!