• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    You're welcome!
    Best wishes 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @Bettyboo - just to say that within my local CWA group we all have opportunities to take up if we want.  
    For example, some of us have sat the Food Safety program so when we cater, privately or Bunnings Sausage sizzle et cetera we are all accredited. 
    Some have gone and got their Working with Children Check as one of the local Kindergartens had asked if any of us were interested in a 2 hour shift to be stand in grandparents for the kids as sometimes their parents are working and grandparents live too far away. 
    Our local Health Service runs an Op Shop and put some of us through their health and safety program so we could volunteer at the Op shop.  
    So what I am saying, membership of a group has lots of other opportunities that you are not necessarily aware of initially.

Take care and best wishes with "Project You"
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Bettyboo @iserbrown Beautiful response to a superb post.
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    Options
    @Bettyboo sometimes primary schools are looking for volunteers to help with reading as well. Again a working with children’s check would be required but it can be very rewarding especially as you see a child progress
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Very best wishes for the future, you sound happy and that's what counts! 
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    All the best to you @bettyboo glad you have made a decision  ,here's to your next venture ,may you enjoy all the new adventures .xxx
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Wonderful it's worked out so well.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Thank you so much for letting us know @Bettyboo. That is such heartening news, and lovely to hear you more upbeat. I hope you have a lovely Christmas. K xox
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I am so pleased for you @Bettyboo It sounds like the village is a very welcoming one and that your new home will be lovely.  Please post pics when you move (if you want to post them, of course).  I have to say that I was very worried about my best friend moving into a retirement village 18 months ago but she is having a blast - best thing she could have done.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    Enjoy your new home @Bettyboo - sounds like you are really happy with the village, which is good.  Immerse yourself in the activities there & become a part of the community ..... we look forward to seeing pics of your new home when you move in!  

• Bettyboo
    Bettyboo Member Posts: 33
    Options
    Thank you all, you have been fantastic and supportive, it feels right, now i just have to sell my unit in the current market slump!  ;) ;
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Options
    That's great @Bettyboo so glad you made the right decision for you.  xx