23/10/18 Anne65's Birthday Yesterday!!

socoda
socoda Member Posts: 1,767
Sending a Belated Happy Birthday wish to you Anne @Anne65 for your 53rd birthday yesterday!!  Hoping your day was filled with love, laughter, happiness, warmth, beauty, excitement and beautiful cake. Wishing it was magical. PS Sorry about the late wishes.
Xx Cath
Image result for gorgeous 53rd birthday cake

Comments

• smokie08
    smokie08 Member Posts: 157
    Happy birthday for yesterday  hope you had a great day 😊
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Happy birthday for yesterday xx
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Many Happies @Anne65

I hope you had a FABULOUS DAY!!

• Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    @Anne65
    Happy Birthday Wishes for yesterday. Hope you had a great day.

Warm Kimberley wishes to you. 
    Annie
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Many happy returns, lovely @Anne65. I hope you had a wonderful day. Lots of love, laughter and cake! K xox

:)  <3:*
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445

• Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hello @Anne65 hoping you had a wonderful birthday!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I never even made it here yesterday so I missed your birthday @anne65.  I hope you had a great one and got spoiled rotten.
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,951
    Dear @Anne65, Hope you had a very happy birthday
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    @Anne65
    We had a smoky grey cat, now gone to God. I miss him greatly. He adopted us. He was a "left behind cat". Unfortunately in the Kimberley when people leave town they also leave behind pets.

We called him "Smoko" because of his colour and the fact that he always appeared at 'smoko' time. He had the shortest legs I had ever seen on a cat. They were lucky if they were 5cm long. Way out of proportion to the rest of his body!

Smoko was with us for 17 years. We had no idea how old he was when he moved in. Our vet estimated he was about 3 or 4 years old so that made him in the region of 20 years when he needed to have his suffering relieved. He now has his special spot in the garden along with our 3 other cats. 

Smoko was a character cat and I miss him daily.
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,951
    Dear @Anne65, thank you for your message above. I'm glad you had a special birthday evening. The video card of your neices dancing sounds like fun!
    @Annie C , do you have a photo of Smoko the cat? It made me smile to think of him. Driving through Broken Hill many years ago I saw a dog marching proudly down the road, which must have been a blue cattle dog crossed with corgi -  it had the shortest legs on a cattle dog I have ever seen. Passed in an instant but never forgotten!
  • Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    @Annie C What a wonderful, sad but moving story about your beloved cat! How special that you bought him into your home & your lives & gave him 17 more wonderful years. Sad to think that many animals are left behind in your area but how wonderful that there are people like you to take them in & give them a new home. It sounds like he gave you much love & you in return to him. Our Smokey the cat has also gone to God & I miss him greatly too. He used to scratch on my window so I would let him inside & he would cuddle in my bed when I was little. A very spoilt & loved pet! 
    @jennyss Thanks & yes the video of my great nieces gave me many smiles that night. The funny thing is that later that night, I got another dancing video from another of my nieces. It was her new fiancee....thought he would out-dance the younger members of the family. It was a "dance-off" via skype!! Special birthday memories.  xx PS Great story about the dog you saw. Funny how moments stick in our mind!!