Triple positive looking for buddies and hope

Options

Comments

• kmcin28
    kmcin28 Member Posts: 63
    Options
    The paclitaxel was administered intravenously weekly. I have a port, it's easier when your having regular treatment. With the paclitaxel I had to have a blood test weekly two days before treatment. 
  • Shellbelle_75
    Shellbelle_75 Member Posts: 65
    Options
    Thankyou was just wondering as I live an hour away from my nearest hospital that can do the treatment 
    thanks so much for your help tonight 🙏🏻☺️
  • kmcin28
    Options
    Hi @Shellbelle_75 Have been thinking of you. How did you go yesterday? Take care. If I can help anymore please let me know.
  • Shellbelle_75
    Options
    Hello gorgeous lady thats so kind of you @kmcin28 for a shitty situation some good news yesterday 
    after 23 nodes removed there was only one with a very small microscopic cancerous cell of .2mm 
    I have an appointment with the radiologist this Thursday and then oncologist on Monday 
    struggling pain wise with what they believe is odema in my arm from the clearance but I felt ok while huge amount of info yesterday I am ok with it
    The surgeon I saw yesterday was my surgeons business partner and she wants a breast ultrasound and biopsy done on my left breast again in two months and she was not convinced the very small enlarged lymph node was benign she wants it watched very carefully 
    concerning but understable 
    thanks lovey x
  • kmcin28
    Options
    @Shellbelle_75 That's positive news, but good they're keeping an eye on the node involved. My experience was similar I had 3 nodes removed initially with the mastectomy, 1affected so they removed an additional 17. Good luck with your appointments. It is a bit of information overload at the beginning.
  • Shellbelle_75
    Options
    @kmcin28 our stories are so very similar! 
    Yes I am trying to get my head around everything and everyone at the moment .... I realise with time it will become more familiar and I will understand so much more.Man your head just swirls so much sometimes doesn’t it :( 
    yes while the second surgeon worried me a bitcwith her response I believe she is only trying to be very proactive which is good 
    I will keep in touch if ok :) x
  • kmcin28
    Options
    Please do @Shellbelle_75.🙂
  • Shellbelle_75
    Options
    ☺️ @kmcin28
  • Kat09
    Kat09 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 269
    Options
    Hi @Shellbelle_75 , I was diagnosed with stage 3 ,grade 3 , triple positive BC in Dec 2016. a whirlwind of tests and treatments followed. My BC was inoperable initially due to the size and possibility that there may be skin involved. I had 4 x 3 weekly AC chemo, followed by 12 x weekly taxol with Herceptin every 3 weeks ( Herceptin went for 15 months ) All of these were given intravenously through a portacath in my upper arm. 5 weeks of daily radiation followed and then finally a mastectomy and aux clearance. I then started on tamoxifen but was switched to Arimidex a few months later as treatment had thrown me into menopause and my oncologist believes that Arimidex is a better option for me long term ( 10 years )  I am on 3 monthly checks with either my Breast surgeon or Oncologist but other than that have returned to my normal life and enjoying every second of it. It does seam like a long road ahead when you are starting treatment but you do get through. I was very lucky and suffered very few side effects from both Chemo treatments, the radiation treatment was probably the hardest for me ( fatigue). This forum and the wonderful girls on here were a constant support and you will find it invaluable for many reasons. I'm sure you've already been told this but stay away from our nemesis 'Dr Google' this forum and especially your treatment team are much better places for your questions. Good luck with whatever treatment plan you have ahead and know that you have support here. Oh and it's ok to have a down day and get the shits with the world, be kind to yourself!
  • Shellbelle_75
    Options
    @Kat09 Thankyou so much for sharing your story! Wow your amazing and went threw a lot!!! I am so pleased to hear you are well,man you deserve to be after all that!! I am absolutely still in a mega whirlwind currently ..... but I am glad things are starting to happen as the waiting is a killer.
    trying to stay off Dr Google as I believe you are so right and I have really valued from ladies like you sharing your stories with me it helps me feel less isolated.
    I would love to stay in touch if ok as my questions are thick and fast currently..... xx
  • Kat09
    Kat09 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 269
    Options
    I can understand how you'd be feeling @Shellbelle_75 , I look back and it's very surreal to me that I ever went through treatment. Cancer, what cancer!  I was lucky to meet many incredible people while going through treatment both on this forum and when having chemo. I'm still in touch with 3 of the girls I had chemo with, it's nice to touch base with people that 'get it' and that's another reason this forum is such a great sounding board. Feel free to PM me if you like, I only check in on the forum every now and then x
  • Shellbelle_75
    Options
    Thankyou @Kat09 will do Thankyou for your support it is greatly appreciated x
  • Sunshine0206
    Sunshine0206 Member Posts: 146
    Options
    Hi 👋🏻 

I am triple positive.

Diagnosed at 40.

About to have my last herceptin.

Having zoladex until ovaries cone out.

Stopped tamoxifen two days ago and now take exemestane. 

Having Zometa infusions starting in December. 

X

• Shellbelle_75
    Options
    Hi lovely
    Thankyou so much for your response
    after my final pathology came out after my mastectomy my diagnosis was changed from triple positive to ER and PR positive and HER2-
    i hope your treatments are going well I start chemotherapy next Thursday.....
    AC for 4 rounds once every three weeks then 12 weeks of weekly Tamoxifen x 
  • Shellbelle_75
    Options
    So sorry Taxol then tamoxifen x