Triple positive looking for buddies and hope

Shellbelle_75
Shellbelle_75 Member Posts: 65
edited September 2018 in Newly diagnosed
Hi everyone 

I am a 42 yr old working (previously) single mum with a 15 and 18 yr old.Diagnosed on the 3 August with
HER2 positive 
E +
P +
still learning lots thought I was triple negative :( whoops nope I am positive 
I have had a right breast mastectomy and auxiliary node clearance done a week ago today,I live in the south west of WA and I looking to chat and make new connections with an interest if anyone else has the triple positive factor.
This community is amazing and any advice info is greatly appreciated as I feeling very isolated right now re others who have walked this journey 
Thanks a million x
Tagged:

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    I was progesterone neutral but a lot of us in general here with similar pathology. 2.5 years on and going strong. X
  • Shellbelle_75
    @primek great to hear! Did you have a specific what I am reading as referred to treatment as ‘Targeted therapy’ for the HER2 positive status? Was this incorporated into chemo if you had chemo or was it a separate intravenous treatment? 
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Hi @Shellbelle_75,

I only got the two out of three positive not the trifecta.  Congrats on getting through the surgery.  That's one big step out of the way.

There is always an abundance of information,  warmth and some laughs on here.  I am sure some of the triple pos ladies will be along soon enough to say Hi. 

Welcome lovely. 
    xoxoxo

• primek
    I had ACT-H regime. Which is chemo and targeted therapy. Firstly AC regime then Tacol and targeted therapy which continued after the taxol was completed. There are a couple of different chemo regines but all include  Herceptin if Her2+
  • Shellbelle_75
    Thankyou @kezmusc I haven’t found anyone yet who has all three like me 
    I appreciate your warm and welcome ☺️ @primek yes that’s what I am referring to 
    I suppose what I am asking is was the regime delivered or administered together each time in one setting like once every three weeks or separately like on alternate weeks 
    hope that question makes sense x
  • primek
    With my regime the herceptin was delivered on same day as chemo. My second regime taxol was weekly and I had herceptin also every 4th dose on that day. Not together but one after the other. The herceptin then continues on its own until 17 treatments unless any issues. 
    They don't give the herceptin at same time as AC chemo as too risky for the heart. 
  • Shellbelle_75
    Thanks heaps @primek I understand x
  • kmcin28
    kmcin28 Member Posts: 63
    Hi @Shellbelle_75 like @primek i am triple positive started treatment July 2017 4 x AC chemo 3 weeks apart, then 11 x paclitaxel weekly should have been 12 but I had peripheral neuropathy so oncologist reduced dose 10 and 11 and he recommended stopping for 12. The Hercepton started with the paclitaxel every 3 weeks for 18 doses I started on an AI letrozole when chemo finished. I'm on an AI as I have been through menopause. I struggled a bit with the AC but found the side effects of the others manageable. I've only found this site In the last few months and found it helpful. All the best for your treatment.
  • Shellbelle_75
    @kmcin28 Thankyou so much for responding wow you sound like a very brave courageous soul
  • Shellbelle_75
    @kmcin28 how are things for you now? Are you still on any treatment currently? 
  • kmcin28
    No braver than you or anyone here. Nobody wants a BC diagnosis and I feel fortunate that these treatments are available to us. 
  • Shellbelle_75
    @kmcin28 I am still trying to get my head around my diagnosis at 42 yrs old but yes agree all of us thrown this awful diagnosis are as brave as we can be in the circumstances.
    modern medicine technology and education is amazing and like you I am so very grateful we have these options.
    I am trying to educate myself as much as possible in a world 6 weeks ago I really didn’t know anything about :(
    Thanks so much for your time
    I find out on Monday if the cancer is present in my lymph nodes and what the treatment regime will be 
  • kmcin28
    I have a few aches and pains which could be caused by the Hercepton or the AI or maybe just age. I have my last Hercepton next Thursday.
  • Shellbelle_75
    Fantastic that you are up for your last 
    Hercepton! Can I ask how was the pacilataxel administered? Was that intravenously weekly?
  • kmcin28
    Take care. Sometimes the waiting is the hardest part. x