Forum Discussion
onemargie
8 years agoMember
Essential movies to watch when forced to sit on your arse due to treatment.
hi everyone @kmakm @JJ70 Thought I’d start this discussion as recommended in the on our walks discussion as I’ve noticed there’s a few newbies about to start their treatment and what better excuse do you need to watch movies all day.!! Feel free to add the ones from your posts.
Muriels wedding
50 first dates
the campaign
blades of glory
mumma mia
the breakfast club
love actually
dirty dancing
we’re the millers
Get him to the Greek
vacation
anchorman 1 and 2
the boss
life of the party
tammy
the castle
Kath and Kim movie
pretty woman
Other series suggestions
the australian series Wentworth.(my favourite)
The crown
the good doctor
Call the midwife
thats all from me for now. Fuck Most of them I watched while I was crook!! No time these days 😊
Muriels wedding
50 first dates
the campaign
blades of glory
mumma mia
the breakfast club
love actually
dirty dancing
we’re the millers
Get him to the Greek
vacation
anchorman 1 and 2
the boss
life of the party
tammy
the castle
Kath and Kim movie
pretty woman
Other series suggestions
the australian series Wentworth.(my favourite)
The crown
the good doctor
Call the midwife
thats all from me for now. Fuck Most of them I watched while I was crook!! No time these days 😊
62 Replies
- SisterMemberHave to watch it!
- AfraserMemberI did like ‘What we did on our holiday’!
A terrific cast emphasising the ridiculous but also the things that matter! Just caught up with Woman at War, Icelandic pic (lovely Reykjavik) quirky but satisfying. Also such a different, treeless landscape. - SisterMemberNot in active treatment anymore but the weather has been rather unkind this holidays so if you're looking for something to watch, I can recommend:
The Letdown (series 1 on Netflix, series 2 on iview)
State of the Union (iview)
Killing Eve (series 2 on iview, not sure where you'd find series 1 if you haven't seen it)
and just finished a movie on Netflix, "What we did on our holiday" which was great (Billy Connolly, David Tennant, Rosamund Pike) but heads up cancer (not bc) warning. - RomlaMemberI agree too @tigerbeth about Bridges the movie . However I went to NYC in 2014 and they had made a musical of it.The music and performances were spot on.It was popular at the box office but not with the critics who preferred less traditional stories.The music can be found on YouTube including the entire cast recording. Here are a couple of tracks:
https://youtu.be/Qz7KyvxuVTg
https://youtu.be/UVEkCujOHkg - kitkatbMemberThat's so true @tigerbeth :)
- tigerbethMember@kitkatb that's my thoughts exactly about the Jack Reacher character , I haven't seen the film either for that reason . I remember watching The bridges of Madison County & being so disappointed , I thought Meryl Streep & Clint Eastwood were all wrong after reading & loving the book 🙄
- Patti_JMemberThe new "Storm boy" is good but not as good as the original.
Thankfully the little one that I took to see "Storm boy" did not want to see " Mary Poppins"! That would have been torture! 😐 - kitkatbMemberUnderstand what you mean @jennyss I love reading the Lee Child Books especially the ones that include Jack Reacher who towers over 6 ft and built like a brick shit house . Why the hell when they made a movie did they put Tom Cruise as Jack.Reacher . Haven't watched it on principle.
Can't wait to see the new 'Storm boy.' though Has anyone seen it yet. xo - jennyssMemberDear @Anne94 , I agree with your comment on the Shetland series - the books are waaaay better than the TV series. The TV version changed the plots, and the hero, Jimmy Perez, was all wrong - he should have had black hair!
- Patti_JMemberI'm not sure if some of my favourite movies would appeal to many. However, I have just watched a super scary movie: "A quiet place". "Lady Chatterley's lover", book and many film versions, "Perfume", plus numerous "Frankenstein" movies are some of my favourites.