Let’s talk about...S.E.X

Options

Comments

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    There just doesn't seem to be an ON button for bodily desire.  I imagine everything still works, its just something I rarely do now. My hubby lives for the day I go off of hormone therapy. 
  • Hendrix
    Hendrix Member Posts: 324
    Options
    Oh great...now I’m even scared to even try it lol
  • BarbieAnne
    BarbieAnne Member Posts: 174
    Options
    I'm on it for as long as it works, so can't see a brighter future with sex. Bit like Merv, give the old man some port
  • Hendrix
    Options
    Lol @BarbieAnne I don’t have a man at the moment...but would be nice to enjoy some intimacy I’m not that old yet! Lol
  • Hendrix
    Options
    @Brenda5 can I ask is it painful or enjoyable at least? 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    It's painful! As in micro tears and bleeding. That's what is really getting to me; I've participated even though I'd rather finish my book many times in the last 50 years, but to be physically incapable of even that compromise is a real shock. It's not like there is a lack of experience in the boudoir, nobody is rushing anything and while I'm not exactly champing at the bit, I'm not actively reluctant. Just incapable. Grrrr!
  • Artferret
    Artferret Member Posts: 259
    Options
    No hormones, no libido. An yes, you're right, you get a flutter and then just as quick it disappears. Try having a hubby who has ED due to prostate cancer and subsequent removal of said organ. It's no fun and coming up to a year for him, he's beginning to be extremely frustrated, as am I. I used to cry for what we have both lost. Now I'm just resigned to it all. Don't know whether he'll ever regain an erection or whether he'll need help of some kind. Things are on the move but nerve endings take so long to heal and I don't know that you ever get back what you used to have.
  • Hendrix
    Options
    @Zoffiel @Artferret oh that is soo sad...I’m thinking am I never going to experience passion again! I should have gone out and gotten laid before I started this bloody chapter lol
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Too many issues to even think about.
  • Zoffiel
    Options
    To be fair, I did have my ovaries out before I started chemo (for the second time) Being instantly 80 will not have helped. I'm not in a passionless relationship, or even a sexless one, but the goal posts have certainly shifted and many things I took for granted all my adult life are now off the menu. That old saying 'Can't teach an old dog new tricks' springs to mind. I can probably be taught, but I prefer what I had before. Grrrr!!!!
  • Zoffiel
    Options
    PS, @Hendrix You never know when it's going to be the last time, so heading out and getting whatever makes you happy is a pretty reasonable approach. Gawd, I can hear the pursing of lips from here. Never mind :)
  • BarbieAnne
    BarbieAnne Member Posts: 174
    Options
    What do they say not to talk about at a dinner party? Religion and politics. Is sex the third subject?
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    My libido declined during  menopause. It was worse after chemo but improved again despite letrozole.  I don't have a strong drive now however I can get interested with the pressures of life off (adequate sleep etc)  and it still works. Just takes a bit more to get me fired up without my tits. But I get there. Weirdly I have more drive when I've done a lot of exercise. Go figure. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    That's how I feel about it at the moment @Sister. Sex just seems too enormously impossible to deal with right now. It would be a foray into a completely foreign land. The last time I had breasts, was still enjoying a monthly cycle with its hormone fed libido surges, and wasn't dry as a desert from no oestrogen. Now I'm afraid it's going to hurt, that it will be an utter failure and that I won't achieve any pleasure, giving or receiving. I'm so tired. It's in the too hard basket for now.
  • Hendrix
    Options
    @Zoffiel your funny...if I just had the energy! Lol