Daffodils

Options
2»

Comments

• AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 946
    Options
    Lovely photo and lovely post. Happy Happy memories of better times, I'm sure. I too was a little sister, but have now overtaken my Big Brother. He will be forever 39 while I'm now 60. Sending a big hug...
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Sister Thinking of you. It would have been my sister's 50th birthday this month. She was a difficult person but of course I loved her. I got a bit upset on her birthday, thinking of all the things we would have been doing that day if she was alive. I rang my mother who was thinking about the day she was born, a happier thought. It's difficult. Big hug, K xox
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    Options
    @Sister happy memories for the birthday. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,600
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Thinking of you today @Sister as you grieve for your beloved sister xxx  I am sure that she has been watching over you as you go thru the same treatments and given you strength.  

I never heard back back from the school re the photo, but my brother (in it) is going up next week and will see if he can get a copy from the archives!  I hope he can take a pic of it, if they find it!

Take care, my friend

RP

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Thank you everyone. It's a bit of a tricky day.

Regards: the t-shirt...she also had a Great Gatsby (Redford & Farrow) and a Pancake Kitchen Lovely! one just to complete the blast from the past.
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    @Sister what a beautiful post for your sister, thinking of you
  • arpie
    Options
    Here ’tis!!   FINALLY ... my brother was up at his old school last week for a reunion and took a photo to the photo with him in it, taken back in 1963 and it ended up in the Women’s Weekly!

@Sister

He is the good looking one behind the boy with glasses. ;)   They used to sell thousands of bunches as a part of fundraising for the running of the school.  I think they still do it but don’t need to rely on the $$ so much these days.

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    What a lovely photo to have!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Gorgeous!
  • arpie
    Options
    I was SO pleased to get a copy of it again @Sister ..... it was taken 55 years ago!!  

If it hadn’t been for this thread, I may not have chased it down!  So Thank YOU for starting it!  ;) 

‘Somewhere’ in the family annals is the ‘original’ one .... but it was probably tossed when my stepmother died a few years back when her place was cleaned out. 

That’s exactly what I said to Cam when he sent it to me, @kmakm. ;)