Depression,PTSD and BC

Options

Comments

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @kmakm I think u should - I think the introduction will resonate with u too. 

@Vangirl I might have to buy this book. 
  • Vangirl
    Vangirl Member Posts: 350
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel I have read the introduction and I will definitely be looking into buying it.

Apart from the insights into my own situation I am also interested to know more about his personal story - about the son with autism, as I have a nine year old nephew with autism.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @kmakm did u read it?
  • Vangirl
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel purchased for seven dollars something on Kindle.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel Not yet, but I will. I've downloaded it. K xox
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @Vangirl I’m old school and love an actual book. I think I saw it on booktopia for $8. 
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @Vangirl I just bought it. I’ll give it a go. 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Another discussion brought this one back to mind and I thought I should mention that on Tuesday, I finally got a call back about a psychologist's appointment with the rehabilitation mob that I got the mental health care plan for.  Five weeks later!!  Too bad if I was suicidal or anything.  I do understand that they were short-staffed but what annoys me is that during that time, no-one ever rang me to say that they were still working on getting me in, or suggested a referral to someone else.  Basic customer service 101!  I am seeing someone else, now - I have three appointments provided by Country Fire Service and then the mental health care plan will take over - and her office organised for my plan to be changed to reflect the change when another recommended psychologist's office insisted that I would have to go back to the GP.  The thing is, I just don't have the emotional reserves to deal with shit like this - one of the reasons I need the psych!  Thank goodness for the CFS!  This is just a rant - I'm slowly getting my equilibrium back.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @Sister it’s good u got an appointment but I agree - good think u weren’t suicidal!  I made my first appointment the earliest I could when I could do it and she had a free spot and her receptionist rang me to say they had an earlier one and then the shrink herself rang me too at another time to say there was an earlier one. I had to keep telling them I was ok and not about to take myself out. 
  • Vangirl
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I've been trying to get a psychologist appointment for weeks now. Finally got a letter with an appointment time last week (after requests to both BC nurse and oncologist) but it is more than a month away, and I won't be in the country :(

Also, the department only has its phones manned one day per week and the hospital switchboard staff doesn't seem to know where calls should be directed.

Good thing I'm not about to take myself out!
  • kmakm
    Options
    It's not good enough.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    It isn't good enough, is it? I wasn't suicidal but I knew that I was hanging by a thread.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,578
    Options
    We need a GRRRRRRR button!!!!  That is disgusting, @Sister   :(  TOTALLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

BIG Hugs coming your way xxx

• kmakm
    Options
    @Sister It really isn't. It was the first thing I asked for at diagnosis. I just checked my calendar, I had to wait a week short of two months.