Waiting for chemo!!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Harvey1903
    Harvey1903 Member Posts: 189
    Options
    Hi four days! @dougal   I'm also day 8.  Temp has been hovering around 37.9 for the last four days. Went to hospital only to lay on a plastic bed, with plastic pillow, someone with a virus next door no blanket and extremely stale sandwiches.   So not in a hurry to go back.  I'm seeing breast care nurse today but have not had a good day yet.  Lots of stomach pain like I've had a 10 course meal.  Only eating very small amounts and have lost 2 kilos in one week. 

They also cannot put a cannula in my left arm. I have to go through radiology via oncology (so I'm an inpatient and don't pay) and they put it in with the help of ultrasound.  Fingers and toes crossed they don't use my foot!  
     @Emim no injections for me either nothing mentioned. Go back to oncologist just before round 2 Sept 19th.  
    Take care. J
  • Emim
    Emim Member Posts: 27
    Options
    My appointment with the oncologist is actually next Tuesday (chemobrain). At least I thought it was earlier than it was, rather than later! Good to know that you also got the rash @kmakm and @Kiwi Angel. I seemed to it after being in the sun, but perhaps it was a co-incidence. I don't want to be avoiding the sun unnecessarily. I could also have had a reaction to the suncream I used, which was Cancer Council spray, but still there might be something more suitable. It is currently a lovely day here in Canberra and I think I will go for a walk before that changes. I want to enjoy the next week as much as I can before cycle 2.

I also had a read through Liz O'Riordan's blog, and enjoyed her  honest, informative and down to earth writing style. I liked reading about the amount of exercise she did when she could, as I want to be more active.

I also read about Rachael Bland a BBC newsreader, a lovely soul who died earlier this week at 40. Rachael blogged about her cancer experience on Big C Little Me. I felt so sad and as though I was losing a friend when I read her last blog that she was off her last trial due to the cancer not responding. Rachael also hosted a great podcast "You me and the big C" with two other British women with stage 4 cancer. A very informative podcast that discusses cancer with great humour and camaraderie. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @Emim I was also quite affected by Rachael's death this week. An inspiring woman. Just so sad, especially for her little boy.

Liz O'Riordan's blog was my bible before I found this forum. I got onto it via my BS's website. So good to read about a doctor's experience of BC. You can just rely on her background for a true and scientific reflection. 

Big hug and def get out there for a leg stretcher today. K xox