Emotions

Options

Comments

• Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    Options
    @Trikki2 I did the same and I even drove for the first time! 
  • Trikki2
    Trikki2 Member Posts: 297
    Options
    @Sarnicad wohooooooo fantastic.  I haven't driven. My head feels weird lol. Go you xx
  • Sarnicad
    Options
    I stayed off the drugs today so it wasn’t vague town
  • Trikki2
    Options
    Hahah so many drugs hey. 
  • Karenhappyquilter
    Karenhappyquilter Member Posts: 242
    Options
    So sorry that you have to go through this.  Counselling and mediation helped me a bit.  Some days are going to be horrible, some ok, some good.  And then hopefully you get better and life goes on again.  Having cancer and going through the treatment is a profound experience and it changes me and others I know.  Some changes are definitely for the better.  Good luck and hold on.  As someone wise said to me when I struggled with chemo, you don’t have to like it, you just have to do it!  Karen 
  • Trikki2
    Options
    @Karenhappyquilter so true we have to do it. I took up knitting today. A new distraction xxx
    Trikki2 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,592
    Options
    How wonderful that your friend was able to give you the lift, just when you needed it, @Trikki2

Awesome.

One day at a time, deep breaths .... do what you can, as you can - no pressure on yourself!

Take care xx
  • Trikki2
    Options
    Thanks @arpie i do need reminders to be kind to myself. Hope all is well with you  xxx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Me too @Trikki2. Internally I hold myself to standards that no one else even comes close to. That nasty little voice in my head... Oi! So absurd.
  • Trikki2
    Options
    @kmakm omg ridiculous isnt it. So hard to retrain. Im learning patience for me. Im so good at patience for everyone else x
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Trikki2 Totally ridonculous. I actually feel like I'm getting somewhere on this front. We'll see if it sticks... K xox
  • Sarnicad
    Options
    Yes the standards we hold ourselves to but give everyone else leeway on!

today I gave in and got my cleaners to fold washing and sort socks just so I can stand the sight of our house that had descended into chaos (more than normal) while I was in hospital. Would I tell others to do that - yep but me ha ha ha no
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 945
    Options
    Hi there @Trikki2 ...sorry for the delay in joining the thread...was on granny  duties and just got home again. I'm also known as The Nutty Knitter and here is a partially completed hat...I'll bet you have no idea what it will say when completed...
  • Trikki2
    Options
    Love love love @AllyJay