Why are people so mean?

Options
13»

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @iserbrown I can assure you I am scrupulously polite and it will be done completely without aggression.
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    @kmakm yes very pruuuuuue and truuuuude. I bloody love those gals. I have a running joke with a nurse colleague at work and every morning I go in to her room and say  “hi truuuuude. I went to pottery barn on the weekend and got some new towels and they are exquisite” she then reply’s “that’s lovely pruuuuuuuuue”. She even bought me a pottery barn voucher for my birthday last week I nearly pissed my pants laughing!  Didn’t even know there was one in Brisbane lol.  Keep smiling love. Big hug.  Margie xx
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,585
    Options
    Your house looks pretty damn good to me, @kmakm - you should see MINE!! :#  .... good to see another Mac user too!  ;)    

• onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
  • Beryl C.
    Beryl C. Member Posts: 270
    Options
    The flowers are beautiful - enjoy! I've had similar experiences and my husband says I'm like a terrier with a bone - I just won't let 'nasty' or incompetence go, I'm much more vocal and hold my ground in situations he says are not worth the effort. I've thought about this and have decided that its something to do with the ongoing, day to day experience of living with cancer. The ongoing stress of oncology meetings, treatments, waiting for scan and biopsy results etc etc has left me with a short fuse and I have no tolerance for the behaviours you described. I respond very quickly and abruptly and use precise terms, eg, "Your aggressive attitude is both offensive and unnecessary. You have just lost a customer!' I do not provide explanations or apologies for my abrupt manner, by contrast, if I am met with a kind action I make my appreciation known, I always make contact with the checkout attendants, smile at those who sweep floors and collect trollies etc. We hold the keys to maintain our dignity and worth.
  • kmakm
    Options
    OMG @onemargie I think you just described me!
  • kmakm
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I really am enjoying them @Beryl C, thank you.

• kmakm
    Options
    It's weird @Beryl C. In some things BC has made me more patient, almost zen. But in others, I'm more explosive. I suppose I feel stripped back to the raw. Some of that is soft, some is rock hard.
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @kmakm I hadn't seen this thread earlier, Kate. Buying flowers for oneself is so important. What an arsehole. And it's horrendous to think that he should make you feel upset for 24 hours. Huge hugs to you. F xx
  • kmakm
    Options
    Thank you @Flaneuse. It was absolutely horrible. Putting it in the dustbin memory file. He's a garbage human being.