Night Howls

Comments

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    I had an interesting conversation with my chiropractor yesterday. He doesn’t kinesiology as well as some other stuff. He was talking about my sleep and the fact that I wake up about 3-4 every morning. There is an Asian that the body organs go through 2 hour cycles and at that time it is the lungs which relate to stress and grief - makes sense to me. I’m mega stressed at work and sad about my current state of affairs. 

http://www.turningpointeacu.com/blog/2017/2/19/waking-up-at-the-same-time-each-night-the-chinese-medicine-body-clock-explains-why
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Just put the sleepless hours to good use.  Made a pasta bake for our lunches for the next few days.  Yay for me!
  • Kiwi Angel
    Good on u @Sister

Im so sick of not getting any fu**in sleep. Feel today like I was out drinking all night. Review with the oncologist today though so time for a maaaive whinge. 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Hope the onc is receptive...  I'm fed up with the sleep thing, too.  Had to close my eyes at my desk yesterday afternoon - head in hands and hopefully anyone noticing would have just thought I was concentrating.  Fall asleep on the couch at night, go to bed and sleep for a short time then BING...eyes open and no more sleep for me.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Bloody awful.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Good luck with your onc today, @Kiwi Angel .... maybe ask about the use of cannabis oil & ask if you'd qualify for a script - some find it very beneficial both for pain and sleep.     It is time they took a serious look at our Quality of Life!

I've just changed meds to Arimidex/Anastrozole so waiting to see what side effects IT has!!
  • Kiwi Angel
    I’m the same @Sister. Have to try not to have a nap today or it will be even worse tonight!!  My onc is pretty good - she always lets me go through my whinge list and treats me like a human. 
  • Kiwi Angel
    @arpie I’ll add that to my list. Good luck with the cha he in meds. 
  • Kiwi Angel
    She listened to all my whinging - told me she believes in quality of life and that I have done everything I can so she has said when I reach 1 year on tamoxifen at the end of next month I can take a 4-6 week break and then go back on it. She has also given me a script for gabapentin to help with the menopause symptoms and sleeping - anyone else using this?  At least she treats me like a person. 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    I've been using Gabapentin for a couple of years now--mainly to shut down the fire ants in my armpit at night. I can them crawling around biting me during the day, but night time...
    Anyway, I'm on a low dose and it does seem to help with sleep--if only because it helps with the nerve pain. It's not a great drug for weight and water retention but my 150mg a day is a tiny dose and the benefits, for me, seem to outweigh the risks. Mxx
  • Kiwi Angel
    @Zoffiel ill give it a go if it means the possibility of a good nights sleep. Would love to be able to get enough rest to be able to get up and go for a run before work again. She is just starting me on 100mg up to 3 times a night and to see if it works for me. 

@AllyJay what a horrible time. I’m glad u finally found someone to listen to you. We need sleep - it just stuffs with so much of your life, mind and body if u don’t get any xoxo
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Hey @Kiwi Angel.  A break will be awesome.  It should help you sleep better just being off that shit of a drug. Fingers crossed for you. 
    I just did a three week break because this time the side effects didn't leave for about 12 days so two weeks was pointless. Even then the back and hip pain remained. Lovely to be nausea and dizzy free and mostly normal for a while though.  I am stuck in limbo as to whether or not to continue.  
    All the best lovely.
    xoxoxo
  • Kiwi Angel
    @kezmusc this drug is horrible to you isn’t it. She told me I could have a 4-6 week break and see how it goes. I told her I miss my estrogen so much even though it was trying to kill me. Xo
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @AllyJay It's hard to beat a really good GP. I've struggled from the start with having my sleep issues taken seriously. I'm so used to tossing and turning in pain to get to sleep, just dropping off when a massive sweaty hot flush hits, taking a other 30 - 45 minutes to get to sleep and then being woken every couple of hours after that. I exist on an average of about six hours sleep a night, sometimes more, sometimes less, but always interrupted. Proved by multiple studies to be bad for your health. Is Zopiclone something I should be asking about (she types having her fourth hot flush in two hours...)?