A beautiful hymn for those that believe in God

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    I don't have faith in the classic sense @Joannie. I lean more towards science when I faced with life challenges.
    Regardless, I do appreciate the contribution religion has made to the arts and the documentation of human history. Many of our early documents have been preserved by religious institutions. Without the support of those institutions there would have been little opportunity for many artists and historians to develop their bodies of work.
    It's not my thing, but I do recognise how important it is to others. Mxx
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2018
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hello @Joannie 
    Thanks great post.  
    I will move this discussion to the 'Christians diagnosed with breast cancer' group as soon as I have access to the group regards Giovanna
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2018
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Like you, @Joannie, I see no need to move either of these posts. Those that don't want to don't have to read, or watch, hugs
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2018
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    edited July 2018

Hello @Joannie,

Thank you for the great threads that you posted in the general discussion forum.  I am so sorry that I have offended you that certainly was not my intention at all Joannie.  I understand that you wanted this post to be part of the general forum and I will leave it there no problems.  I was just trying to get posts organised in the online space as this is something that Marianne and I have been talking about.   My sincere apologies that I have upset you. 

• Tennille
    Tennille Member Posts: 174
    Agreed @Joannie if it's ok for threads that involve a lot of swearing which makes me cringe are allowed to stay up then posts regarding God and faith shouldn't be moved either.
    We are people of all walks of life, cultures and faith sharing a common disease.
    We should be able to respect our differences whilst staying focused on the important issues without being divided by moderators. 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    One of the things I really like about what I read here is the way some things send me off on research tangents. I find it fascinating to pick up on one piece of information and have it lead me into all sorts of places.
    As stated I'm not religious, but I so enjoy the architecture and the depth of history associated with sacred sites. That the locations themselves survive multiple occupations and changes in the denominations practiced as civilization moves forward fascinates me. I wonder, when I look at the work done by long dead labourers and scholars , what must have been going through their heads and what their lives were like the time of construction. Each of those hammer blows, every stone quarried, carried and placed, every manuscript illuminated or hymn written...someone as real and sentient as you and I did that
    I don't have music in my house though I do use a MP3 player to help keep time as I exercise. I might as well strap a metronome to my head. What I do find fascinating, from an almost voyeuristic perspective, is the different musical structures used by different religions.
    I think any contributions that pique people's interest are immensely valuable. You make me think about issues not connected to my everyday life. Thank you. Marg xx
  • [Deleted User]