What they do not tell you about accessing your super

Options
13»

Comments

• Pebbz1981
    Pebbz1981 Member Posts: 32
    Options
    @Vangirl they have changed it since i tried accessing my own money. I think maybe its time agin to try. Maybe if that has been updated some other things have been updated that might be in our favour. We can only try i guess.

@arpie you make a great point and i never thought about it but its got me thinking now a d i would like to know the answer or if its actually happened to anyone out there?.

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @arpie I'm still in the sorting out the mess bit - had a cry about it yesterday (just call me blubbergirl) but the ombudsman is definitely on the cards if necessary (even if it's just a big stick to use).
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,553
    Options
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    They are such bastards. Not radical enough. Right
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Bloodsucking b#@&#$ds
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,612
    Options
    I agree with @Sister.  That is disgraceful.  I bet the blokes with Prostate get paid out straight away! 

Sadly, it happens all the time with all sorts of claims - they are always looking for the 'out clause' so they don't have to pay.  :(   NOT GOOD ENOUGH!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    I want to use a word that would get me thrown off this forum...
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    Options
    The answer on whether you have to die in the 2 years is no. You just have to have drs certify that you are in their opinion terminal in 2. And no if you don’t oblige and fit the timeframe you don’t pay it back. 

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,612
    Options
    Just as bloody well, @Sarnicad !!

• Cate64
    Cate64 Member Posts: 446
    Options
    Had mine paid within a month of applying. MLC were great I had no hassles, the longest wait was for my Oncology appointment so as I could get the forms signed by them.
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    @zoffiel Well I’ve just read all your posts and I certainly have had my issues with my super also my income protection was cancelled without my knowledge (very long story) and I complained and wrote to the ombudsman back in January and my case is still pending. They said I won’t hear anything until at least the new year. And you have to jump through hoops to even complain In the first place. 

I also tried to access my super for financial hardship and got the need to be on centrelink for 26 weeks first. We didn’t qualify as hubby was working and the threshold isn’t even the minimum wage (something else I complained about to the minister for human services) they said that’s all I needs to qualify though. I had a friend access hers for financial hardship with qsuper and she had no issues. She qualified as she’d been on Newstart for more than 26 weeks she doesn’t have a mortgage and had money in term deposit as well and she got around $5000 from memory??  She also wasn’t behind on her bills so I’m not sure why this has been so complicated for you Marg. 

I was also trying to find the article I posted on here about the  young fella who accessed his super for surgery for his dog that had cancer.  He was on a centrelink payment too. I sent this to the minister for human services and all the pollies I i clearly argued that it’s unfair this guy can claim for his dogs surgery and I had breast cancer paid tax all our lives and couldn’t claim jack shit to help pay the bills while I was crook. So who the fuck knows. 

On on the other hand I had the money  for my recon to be done as a private patient in the public system approved by the dept human services. The paperwork was simple and uncomplicated and once it was approved by them it’s guaranteed to be approved by your super fund. I didn’t pursue it in the end as I couldn’t justify spending that much money on surgery so it’s funny how things can be so complicated with them on one hand and then on the other hand so simple.  They did tell me they just transfer the money for the surgery in your account to use as needed.  So I’ve got no idea. Margie x