The Breast Cancer Unity Ribbon

Options

Comments

• lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    I think it's a powerful statement.  We might not like it, but it's a reality that close to 30% diagnosed with bc will die from the disease. It's not comfortable, which is one reason why it's not discussed. More needs to be done to raise knowedge of this truth, in order to increase research into it. Thanks for your work, @traveltext.
    And no, I don't have mbc
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    Options
    Could you please tell me @traveltext which mets cancer groups claim black? Certainly not breast cancer.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2018
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    This is the ribbon I saw on fb

• Romla
    Options
    I liked the way each colour wrapped around the other
  • Romla
    Options
    Valid point @Joannie Am thinking breast cancer is seen by the community as less “terminal” these days - please read around my words whereas the black countersthat point dramatically 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
    Options
    So traveltext can I share this on my facebook groups ? 
    I like it by the way 
  • traveltext
    traveltext Member Posts: 253
    Options
    PattiJ: MetUP

• traveltext
    Options
    Romla
    Yes, that's a good one.

Soldier Crab
    Hold off there is a new version coming.

• traveltext
    Options
    here's a new version produced by a BCO member. Much better IMO.

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,607
    Options
    I think I prefer the pink & blue one that @Romla  has put up - pink for girls, blue for boys ... and it is pleasing to the eye!  

There may be less men diagnosed - but I bet there are a lot who've got it & just don't know - or died with it but not detected as they would be looking more for prostate & heart issues than breast as a cause of death!

IMO ... I think the Pink/Black one is a tad confronting - and not as pleasing to the eye.

But that's ok .... we're allowed to have different opinions!   ;)  
  • traveltext
    Options
    Thanks arpie, there are copyright issues with some of these bc graphics. I haven’t found one that brings these three elements together. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    I've read this thread with interest, and am loving the respectful nature of the discussion!

As someone who has been deeply impacted by a breast cancer death as well as my own diagnosis, I really like the design @traveltext is working on. I think that there is little understanding in the broader community of the numbers that this disease kills, how long you can actually live with it, and how little money is dedicated to metastatic research.

The black has impact, and when it comes to raising awareness I think that's a good thing.