Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Bit down lately

Options
2»

Comments

• Pebbz1981
    Pebbz1981 Member Posts: 32
    Options
    Hello all.

I just want to start off by saying Thank you so so much for all the messages of support, I greatly appreciate it.

Since posting the message, I have started a gratitude journal and have been writing in that every night for the past week, i also went to my parents house for a visit ( they live next door) I have been trying to nibble on food a little bit more as i have lost my appetite with everything going on, I managed to have a long overdue discussion with my sister about what i need from her and how she can help and support me and in the mean time my parents also heard the struggles i have been going through, last night some family members came over for a visit which was nice. ( i find it awkward to talk to people now as i dont have anything to talk about). My sister is getting married in october and i honestly was not looking forward to attending the wedding but now i have been on google trying to find gifts and ideas to make the getting ready at home morning special for her. My throat and ear seems alot better, not completely gone but alot better. I have been speaking to a cousin of mine which has been a fantastic help and she actually mentioned the gratitude journal and next we are going to start meditation. I have tried it before and it did not work but i am willing to give it a go again.

I have read everyones messages and i really hope other people going through the same things as me were able to find some inspiration also in some of the very very kind words spoken. What we are all going through is not easy at all and 9 years on it is not any easier. We all have our good days and then we all have our bad days. I have not managed to get out into the sunshine as yet or really out of bed as i am just in a bit too much pain but i am hopeful maybe on the weekends i can sit outside for a little bit with my husband Jason.

I hope one day they find a cure for this wretched sickness and this will all be behind us but untill then we must find the strength to continue and move forward and live each day we have left however long that is trying to be happy and living somewhat of a "normal" life.

I wish everyone a great day and hope to talk to you all again soon, this time about something happy hopefully.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,602
    Options
    Well done, @Pebbz1981 - all the best on the road ahead - great progress!  xxxx

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    What a great post to read Pebbz! Happy to hear you're feeling a bit better.

I do gratitude every night with my niece. It's become one of my favourite parts of the day. I started it to help her get out of a negative mindset at bedtime but I think it helps me just as much.

Nothing like a wedding to look forward to! I know it helped @tigerbeth recently and we've had a couple of others here in the last few months. We've seen some lovely photos! Planning a gorgeous morning for your sister and finding the perfect gift sounds like an excellent distraction. Do let us know what you find!

All the very best and stay in touch. K xox
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I am so glad that your headspace is turning to the more positive. It doesn't change what is, but does make it easier to deal with and it's good to be honest with those closest to you (although not always easy) about what you need. I hope things keep improving for you and stay in touch.