Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Bit down lately

Options
Pebbz1981
Pebbz1981 Member Posts: 32
Hello all,

I don't even know where to begin. I have been feeling a bit down lately. I have been sick with a throat and ear infection which is taking so so long to go away, also June 22 was 9 yrs since my first ever diagnosis ( metastatic is my 3rd ). so many thoughts are going through my mind. I know when i am sick i start feeling worse and all sorts of thoughts enter my head. 2018 Has not been a good year for me so far. I started the year off in hospital with an infection they could not find, i had to have platelet and blood transfusions ( first ever). since then i was released from hospital then went back in, have had another blood transfusion, have changed chemo, started Denusomab injection, stopped injection due to vitamin levels being so so low, have had such bad ulcers, have lost about 12 kgs this yr so far, Have had numerous bouts of Diarrhoea and also constipation from the chemo meds. I feel like my body is giving up, it is so so weak, i hardly have the strength to walk, i am out of breath so easily, i have trouble eating as my throat feels like it closes up each time i swallow and i actually have choked on food a few times. My last 2 weeks of chemo was cancelled to give my body a chance to get over the throat and ear infection, so i have 1 more week to try and get as better as I can and get back into a headspace to continue with treatment and to keep fighting. I dont know where to find the strength.....i know its in there somewhere as i have used it before multiple times.

I dont have many friends, I am unable to go out as the chemo makes me so sick and tired, the only chance i really get to go out is my off week which is every 3 weeks, my husband and I try and take advantage of that week. I am stuck between 4 walls everyday and spend most of my time in bed as the lounge is not comfortable. I seem to have lost enjoyment from alot of things lately. 

I am not ready to leave this world and life as yet, there are so many things i would still love to do and see if my body permits it.

Has anyone ever felt like this? how do you keep going? This is the lowest i have felt in a very very long time. I have seen the counsellor in the past but i dont want to see her just yet.

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options

http://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/group/2-living-with-metastatic-breast-cancer

Don't know what to say except hey there's always someone to talk to on here!  Perhaps if you jump on the link above and use the join button on the right hand side and write your detail and send.  Soon enough someone will respond to let you know you are a member of that private group as I think you will find others in there that maybe similar to you or give you a few hints

Take care

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Hey @Pebbz1981 Things sound pretty shit at the moment, good on you for getting in here and letting off a bit of steam. I don't think the isolation that chronic disease can bring is taken into serious consideration-- you can be well cared for and loved but still be terribly lonely. If you have always been independent it's very hard to strike up new relationships when you are unwell and being stuck at home is dismal. I don't have a magic wand and am not at all a hugger, but I just wanted to let you know your voice is being heard. Marg xx
  • brightspace
    brightspace Member Posts: 445
    Options
    Hello Pebbz dear sorry treatment is making you feel down lots of contacts for you here. 
    Have you accessed the Pallative care team as part of your intensive treatment.....lots of assistsnce from them if you enquire.
    I hope that the break will give body those extra magic bloods cells to overcome the problems.
    Xoooo
    Bright in hope
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello @Pebbz1981 sending you a private message
  • JuMuKu
    JuMuKu Member Posts: 25
    Options
    Hello Pebbz1981
    You are having a tough time aren’t you. 
    My heart does out to you. 
    My mind went to what services are out there in the community that can come to you to provide you with further support and care. 
    A thousend good wishes to you. 
    JmK
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Any sunny days where you can sit out the back in the garden and enjoy the suns warmth? Warming sun makes me feel great! <3
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    You've got a lovely way with words @Wendy55.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Pebbz1981 you poor thing - I think all of us have felt completely shit at some time or another during this whole process.  We are all here for you though xoxox
  • kmakm
    Options
    Thanks @Wendy55, you're an absolute darling. Bought a tear to my eye. K xox
  • TripleNegMama
    TripleNegMama Member Posts: 47
    Options
    hope today is a better day - if there is things you still want to do then put them in your diary and book it in - use that 3rd week of the cycle to touch a dolphin, go whale watching or what ever it is that your heart desires -  might not be able to do full day activities but do what you can - I spent 20 minutes in the water with a dolphin then had to sleep for 14 hours straight - but it was worth it. - do the stuff you love - if you want to go to the barrier reef then get yourself to Cairns - if you're not up to a boat ride and day out on the islands and the boat ride back - then get a chopper out and/or back  - look for easy ways to do what you love. sending hugs!!!! hope you feel better soon.
  • kmakm
    Options
    You know what @TripleNegMama, with @Joannie's words about treating myself at the front of my mind, I just had a 45 minute foot & lower leg massage. Hang the expense, I was just so sick of the ankle pain. So after making sure my eldest had things under control on the home front, for 22.5 blissful minutes on each leg, I couldn't feel the pain. Heaven. K xox
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    I don't have metstatic disease but certainly get the overwhelming exhaustion of chemo and the feeling of just "give up now" that goes with illness and depression. And yes lovely you really are experiencing depression.
    Now "talk therapy" can help when your ready. But in reality maybe it's actually time to look at an antidepressant...or dose adjustment to assist in balancing the serotinin in the brain. Once it is better you might be able to rally your inner strength to assist in recovery of your mental health.

It's been a tough year for you and very few would be able to just soldier on with a smile. Let us know how you are going. Kath x
  • kmakm
    Options
    Hi Pebbz. How are you doing? It's been a week since you started this thread. I hope it was a better one for you. How are your ears and throat? Thinking of you and hoping that you're feeling a bit stronger. K xox