Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

6mnths to live

Options

Comments

• Nadi
    Nadi Member Posts: 619
    Options
    Dear @Me2 HUG. HUG. HUG HUG. I wish there was something I could say or suggest that would make you feel better. I can tell you that my mother-in-law was told 4 months and she lasted 11 months and was really good right up until the end. What a devastating blow. I know you are hurting and crushed at the moment, but if at all possible I hope they find some relief for you arm and you have lots of moments of sunshine, joy, laughter, giggles, love and kooky fun with those special people all around you. Thinking of you.

Nadine
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Sorry to hear @Me2 but hey doctors don't know everything. They don't know why one person only gets 6 mths yet another can stretch it out in years. Let's hope you are one of the ones who astounds them and sees a few more Christmasses. The radiation treatment should help that nerve pain so thats a good thing. Chemo is kind of an unknown. Dad tried a few but none of them worked so now he just has his cannabis oil and pain killers and he is still coasting along ok. Look after yourself and try to avoid anyone with flu's and colds as you really don't want to waste time with the sniffles. Cyber hugz <3
  • Stork
    Stork Member Posts: 121
    Options
    Me2 no words can describe how you are feeling my prayers and positive thoughts are with you
    My father was diagnosed with Metastatic Liver cancer and was told 4 months to live Dad lasted another 1 year The Medical Professionals
    are not always Wright
    Lots of hugs Stork

• lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    No words, but I'll hold you in my thoughts
    Sending hugs xo
  • Lvlw
    Lvlw Member Posts: 52
    Options
    @me2 i'm so very sorry to hear about your new diagnosis. i'm thinking of you and beaming you hugss ((( <3<3 )))
  • Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    Options
    Sending you lots of hugs Me2 <3<3
  • Finch
    Finch Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Hugs hugs hugs . Big tight ones . Xxxxxxx
  • Michele B
    Michele B Member Posts: 136
    Options
    @Me2, I'm also so very sad to read this. My heart breaks for you! As others have said, try to fill each day with special moments, take time to things you have always wanted to do, and surround yourself with those that love you! I truly believe that while there is life, the te e is hope...and believe me, we are all hoping and praying for you! Big hugs xx
  • Trikki2
    Trikki2 Member Posts: 297
    Options
    @Me2 i have no words that could possibly comfort you. Its so heartbreaking. Live the life you want to live whilst you can and lets hope months turn to years.
    TRIKKI2 xxxx 
  • wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Options
    Hi @Me2,
    I have sent you a private message.

wendy55
  • Anne94
    Anne94 Member Posts: 162
    Options
    @Me2 so sorry that you have been given this news. Crossing my fingers and toes that you  stretch the timeline out further. 
    Xoxo

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited June 2018
    Options
    What devastating news for you and your family. I don't know how they can even give you a time line but I guess they think they have to guess.

My father had terminal lung cancer at time of diagnosis. He was given weeks. With palliative radiotherapy only he lived 12 months. So I'm hoping for you that you will respond to treatment like he did. 

Have they offered clinical trial options? Just wondering if that option is available to you too.
    Know we are thinking of you. X

• Me2
    Me2 Member Posts: 35
    Options
    Thank you Primex, they have said i may be eligable for a trial. I am triple negative with no braca gene. They wanted triple neg with 1or2 braca. I have been told i may be considered. Immunotherapy. However cost is $60,000. We’ve had to sell our house already because of my disease, i cant raise that kind of money. I have peace of mind knowing my husband is now debt free, for the first time jn our lives so the last thing im going to do is to give him more. Its really very sad. As im sure everyones story is. As everyone keeps saying to me, “done give up” and that i surely wont. Life too precious. ❤️
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Sometimes they consider costs  under special circumstances. It might be worth asking. X