Newly diagnosed invasive carcinoma stage 2

Options
13»

Comments

• Nicksta
    Nicksta Member Posts: 22
    Options
    Thought I thought I would post here with an update . Tomorrow my last day of radiation . I can’t believe it’s the last one . 
    I start on tamoxifen within 2 weeks . I had hoped to go away skiing this weekend but not feeling up to it and oncologist said no anyway .She prescribed flamazine silver cream for the burns which I am hoping will go quickly .  I’ve worked through the whole time which has been good except the last week was tough . Needed some light at the end of these last 5 weeks ,hence why I had focused on a ski trip with my 12 year old daughter ),  oh well . I am so glad I found this online network especially now as I feel like I am being pushed out in the big world again . I have an appointment with my surgeon in November to organise MRI ( due to DCIS in surgeries that did not show in my mammogram and ultra sound ). I hope all this radiation blasted it all away. Thank you everyone for all your posts , it’s been a huge comfort ( being a single mum it can get lonely ) . Am sure I will pop on again soon xx
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Nicksta - congrats on finishing your treatment.  I too am on Tamoxifen - about 6 weeks now and I seem to be going ok.  Pity about the holiday but at least it will be something to look forward to and many more fun times ahead when you recover xo
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Congratulations on the end of radiation! It's a great feeling, isn't it? 
  • Nicksta
    Nicksta Member Posts: 22
    Options
    @kiwi Angel, yes I have been following you throughout and only today went to tamoxifen section as I don't want to look ahead too much .Glad you are ok and moving ahead as well xx
    @Sister, yes a great feeling nearly couldn't finish due to skin breaking up but I did it ! Didn't know it would be so good and cant wait to get back to some sort of normal and going to the gym again .
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Well done @Nicksta. Give yourself a pat on the back and get planning for the next holiday so you've got something new to focus on.

I had two lots of DCIS that only turned up in surgery. Occult cells invisible to mammograms & ultrasounds. It's a bugger eh? Hopefully the MRI will put your mind at ease. K xox
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,596
    Options
    @Nicksta  - congrats on finishing your Rads & all the best on the tabs!   I hope your burn/peeling isn't too bad & the cream/ointment works well for you.

You may feel even more fatigue over the next few weeks as it works thru your system ..... the warmth will 'hang in there' for a while yet.

Take care xx