Doing what you LOVE to do - before, during & after BC! What's YOUR favourite?

Options

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,602
    Options
    WOW!  @smokie08  - that is a real work of art!!  Almost a shame to eat it!  Now, if one of those capers was at the bottom right - it could almost be a map of Australia with Tassie at the bottom .... or am I reading something into it that isn't there??  LOL   ;) 

@Brenda5   I am in AWE of anyone with the patience for completing a jigsaw puzzle of that size & complexity!!   Well done YOU!    I hope you get the heart thing sorted with the new Doc  ..... and ENJOY the John Williamson concert/bbq - will you be allowed to record the songs on your phone??!!  ;)    I hope you can get back to your fishing as soon as you are able - I know that I go stir crazy when denied for too long!   :(  xx

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Brenda5 I love a puzzle! I did a 3000 piece one last year just before I was diagnosed. And I'm about to start a 2000 piece one, of a colourful Cuban street. I got a puzzle roll for Christmas so I don't colonise the dining table! I'm going away to an Otis Foundation property in a couple of weeks and I'm taking a 1000 piece.

@Annie C I hope you're up for meeting some fellow forum members at the conference. You are amazing, I'd love to meet you! K xox
  • kmakm
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @smokie08  YUM!!
  • Artferret
    Artferret Member Posts: 259
    Options
    My husband and i love skiing and considering that we missed out on a ripper of a season last year with both of us having cancer we are both going to make up for it this year at Falls Creek. I love thread painting (embroidery) and have a weeks worth of embroidery workshops booked in Glenelg this October which should be fab as well as having various ufo's on the go (un-finished-objects). Gardening, going to the gym, walking my dog Rufus and planning the extension to our forever home in Tawonga South. Going to listen to the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra is also good, most of the time the repetoire is  good and sometimes you come out thinking what the...all fun and games!

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @annie C have you been watching Mystery Road on ABC? It's filmed somewhere up around your way.  I recognised the cliff lines and boabs as soon as I started watching it

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    My husband and I travelled through the Kimberley region pre-kids and absolutely loved it.  I remember the line of cliffs so clearly and driving the dirt roads, knowing there'd be a creek bed coming up because of the boabs.
  • Harvey1903
    Harvey1903 Member Posts: 189
    Options
    Envious - crafty I'm not.  I would love to have the patience to do that.  Great job.  Nobody is playing golf!  That's me.  Although haven't been on the course for four weeks due to the two op's.  But I'm on the course this Sunday for the first time since diagnosed.  I'll be interestiing to see if my swing has changed now I'm a bit out of balance so to speak.

• Harvey1903
    Harvey1903 Member Posts: 189
    Options
    @Annie C - you must be somewhere near Katherine, with the bats and Boab trees?
  • kmakm
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @Annie C How are you for fabric sources in Melbourne? I have two very good friends who have mountains of fabric and know lots of good places to shop. I can hit them up for a list of good places if you like.

Can't wait to meet you. And work out our identifier... as long as it's not pink!

K xox  :)
  • wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Options
    @Annie C, thank you for the lovely photos, you have made my afternoon, love the frog and the croc is just fantastic love the expression on its face, I am always in awe of ladies who can do this, I can only manage cobble stitches in anything I do I guess I am a payer and not a dooer, so have to buy these beautiful items, lovely to hear about everyones favourite past times, 
    wendy55
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,602
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hey @Harvey1903   I play golf too (badly - so I don't have a 'handicap' as such - except perhaps just the fact that I play!  LOL!)  Then 10 years ago I got frozen shoulder & it took 2 years to 'come back' - then the other one went bung too but it took 4 years to come good ..... so I haven't played in years!  :(  

Hubby & I were just talking about having a hit last week!  ;)    We MUST do it soon - but sadly it takes 2nd string to my uke & yak fishing!!  Hubby is a natural - I find that my 'squash swing' helped me big time!   ;)  

All the best for your first 'go' since diagnosis - take it a tad slowly at first - you may not be able to do the full 'back slapping follow thru' that you've been used to. ;)
  • Artferret
    Artferret Member Posts: 259
    Options
    @Annie C The embroidery workshops I'm going to are held every two years in Glenelg, Adelaide (it's by the beach and not far from Adelaide just a short tram ride) and is called Beating round the Bush. We have tutors and fellow embroiderers who come from all around the world for eight days of fun. There are 1,2 and 3 day workshops. Check it out online and have a look at what's on offer workshopwise this year. It's held at Immanuel College and you can stay there as well or find your own accommodation. The company who run it through Inspirations embroidery magazine also do deals with some of the big accommodation places there and run shuttle buses to the venue. I have to admit it's not cheap by the time you tote up flights, accommodation,  cost of workshops and kits but i figure it's only every two years so what the hell! I fly in from Melbourne with my sister, mum and a friend so we rent a house and spread the cost that way. Check it out and see what you think. And if you haven't come across the Inspirations magazine before it's the best embroidery mag I've ever drooled over.
    Cheers Cath